Texting app vs Standard app

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been using verizon messages +, what are some others you've used or are using that are good?

Tried textra and wasn't that impressed.

Posted via the Android Central App

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I personally use Google Messenger.

+1. I've tried Textra many times, and I do like the ability to select multiple messages or conversations at once in order to delete them in batch, but I still had issues with some weird bugs that made using the app too frustrating. Google Messenger is rock-stable. I wish it had a dark theme option, but I can live with it.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been using verizon messages +, what are some others you've used or are using that are good?

Tried textra and wasn't that impressed.

Posted via the Android Central App
Messenger+ is one of the very few Verizon apps that I've liked enough to use & stick with. I actually like it as much as the (other myriad of) 3rd party apps.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I use the VZW Message+ as well and really like it. Definitely the best Verizon bloat!
To put a point on Verizon's history of useless, pre-installed junkware, I was pleasantly surprised with two on the Turbo. First being the Messaging+ app and the 2nd being (the free "Basic" version) Visual Voice Mail. No way would I go back to dialing up, logging in & going through the prompts to retrieve a voice mail I probably don't want anyway.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just went through a period of trying a bunch of different messaging apps and I went back to Verizon's Messaging + app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC