Texting issues after ICS

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having texting issues after the ICS upgrade? I am not receiving about half of the text messages being sent to me. I know someone else who is having the same problem. Any thoughts?

freegentile

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
My bride noted some squirrelyness re: her texts, as well, after ICS loaded onto her phone this weekend...specifically not seeing history & some that were sent. She noted that cruising between the SMS/MMS, All Messages, & one other category @ the bottom of the screen helped her find things.

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been having issues as well not receiving all my text messages. Never had this issue before until getting ics

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Nothing I tried helped, so I did a hard reset. It seems to have fixed the issue, but what a pain.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

808TBolt

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having texting issues after the ICS upgrade? I am not receiving about half of the text messages being sent to me. I know someone else who is having the same problem. Any thoughts?

i have received texts late from my mom since the ICS upgrade. usually a few hours after she sends them. or i'll get them the next day :confused:

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The new software update that was recently announced will hopefully fix the text messaging issues. It has been quite annoying!

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Be careful. Mine was fixed and then a few days later started doing it again. It was like a bandaid was put on it and it stopped it, but then came off a few days later and it started again. My friend had the same thing happen with his bolt as well

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had no issues but I use Handcent for SMS/MMS. I've instructed my wife to keep me informed regarding the performance of her stock texting app.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

msugrad598

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
The issue seems to have returned for me. Restarting helps temporarily but isn't a fix.

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Restarting does fix it temporarily, but then it starts again after awhile

andunn31

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I would encourage you to contact verizon through email. They said they would document my issue and forward it. The more they get...