Texting order messed up... PLEASE HELP!

alecazam14

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

so whenever I text people, the order of the texts messages gets messed up! When people text me, all of their messages go under, or above all of mine... It's making it really hard, and annoying to read...

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE HELP ME!!! :'(

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I know SMS are listed according to chronological order based on phone time when received. Unfortunately I also think it does not account for seconds. Do the messages that appear out of order have very close times to the one you sent?

alecazam14

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok, but when I first got my phone there was no problem with that... And yes, they are close in time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Do they display correctly using a third party app such as go sms or hand cent I think it is? If they do, and then a change in the Os code happened and it broke.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

alecazam14

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
It's still messed up when I use one of those apps. But I found the problem. When I text someone it may say that it was sent at, say, 2:04. And my clock says 2:04. No problem. And then when I receive a reply to that message it would say that that it was sent at 2:05. But it still says that it 2:04 on my phone.
And so it goes underneath my message. And that's where it should go. But then I reply, and it's still 2:04, and it goes above that person reply....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Ramzo

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Has there been a solve to this problem?

I'll try and explain better. The following is how the texts will appear. Read the messages, full row on the left first, then see the real times and read them.

Her - hey 8:05 ---------------real times here
Her - I been good hbu? 8:06 --------------------------------- 8:07
Me - hey whats up how u been 8:07 -------------------------- 8:06
Her - thats good, what is ur major 8:08 ----------------------- 8:09
Me - I been good, just finishing school 8:09 ------------------ 8:08
Her - good career, yes im in school studying nursing 8:10 ---- 8:11
Me - engineering, are u in school? 8:11 ------------------------------------8:10
Now obviously those texts are in incorrect order and even the time changes! If you switch my messages up one line it will make sense. This new update is putting their message infront of my last sent message. My phone started doing this since most recent update. Its very annoying and it does get confusing.

ginsenglady

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this same problem. But it only happens with friends n family who text me with iPhones. I have a Samsung note.

Last edited:

EllieLynn

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, "Donna Sons"! This fixed the problem for me! I could have sworn I've tried it before, but for some reason, the box wasn't checked in! Thank you so much and blessings to you and your family! :D

Alexys Myzpha

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
THANK YOU DONNA! I have no idea why my phones messaging was off, and why my message timing was off... Who knew it was related?! And now it's fixed! YAY!

lutherdon

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
This has happened to me also a couple of times now and it is really an easy fix if you know what to do... First of all it is a time strap problem what you need to do to fix it is go to Settings then go to the Top Right Hand Corner and click on More... Go down the page until you find Time and Date and click on that... Next make sure that there is a check mark in the Automatic Date and Time if there is not one there Please put one in and your Problem Should Be Solved... Best of Luck to Everyone... This worked for me :)

Excuseme Nvrsilent

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
OMG! You are godsend for posting this fix! I was about to toss the phone out the window because I was so fed up with dealing with this issue. Its now fixed and Im once again enjoying my iPhone conversion to Android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts