THANKS SPIGEN!! Your Capsule case destroyed my Note 4

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
I know this has been brought up here and on other forums lately and I kinda thought that those effected maybe in some way were careless with their Note 4, now I can officially side with those claiming their Spigen cases scratched the beveled edges of their Note 4.

I just took my Capsule case off to change SD cards and was shocked by the damage to the edge of my VERY pampered Note 4, it is lightly and heavily scratched around the entire phone, both sides and the top and bottom.

Never again will I buy Spigen

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
This is the reason why I'm not a fan of Chamfered Edges and why I went with a Sleeve.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Does it affect the performance of your phone in any way?

Hi Latufu,
No. But it looks terrible, just terrible. Was perfect the day I put it in the case. I have never put this phone in my pockets, laptop bag, or any dirty dusty area. I have cared for this Note 4 and all my high end devices with very very careful hands.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I do as well. But my 2 year old phones generally look like gently used 2 year old phones even after keeping them cased.

Nobbb

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Can you post a picture of the damages?

I just ordered a Spigen case and with all these reports of "scratches", I'm scared now,

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
that sucks! My two year old Note 2 had been in and out of it's leather folio case (verizon sells them) countless times and not a mark at all on the back or sides. Shame on spigen for a bad design.

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Can you post a picture of the damages?

I just ordered a Spigen case and with all these reports of "scratches", I'm scared now,

Do NOT put the case on your phone! Yes I'll take a picture either tonight or tomorrow with my iPad and post it for you.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out how this is Spigen's fault. Wouldn't any hard plastic ease damage the phone the same way?

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure out how this is Spigen's fault. Wouldn't any hard plastic ease damage the phone the same way?

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!
I've yet to even receive my note yet, but logic is telling me that any case could potentially do this, and that the blame lies in the phone's design. I hope I'm wrong. I do plan to use my phone naked some of the time, but I like using a generic tpu case when I'm busy at work and needed to put my phone down in random places while I'm doing my tech support runs. I'll probably stick to naked with extra TLC until I hear more anecdotal evidence either way.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Songha

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I think the problem is that it is overly tight on the front where it grabs the phone and loose everywhere else (hence the creakiness that people complain about with the Spigen cases). Thus the wobble allows debris to get inside and grind against the phone and the tight lip on the front drags debris whenever you put the case on/off.

rc75149

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
You can't blame the case maker.

It's going to happen, I'm naked and use a sleeve only, and there are already scratches on the chromeish area, in fact some were there when I opened the box. I highly doubt it effects resale value anyway as most people use a case anyways.

Posted via the Android Central App

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
maybe its me but i just dont see why people care about scratches on the sides or back of a phone. especially when its gonna be in a case any way. its just a phone, use it !

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Those scratches are easy to polish out with any decent aluminum polish. I have posted this here before...with a links to polishes. Easy fix.

ahutchga1972

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
maybe its me but i just dont see why people care about scratches on the sides or back of a phone. especially when its gonna be in a case any way. its just a phone, use it !

Partly for potential resale value, and partly because the OCD of us will KNOW the scratches are there.

Posted via the Android Central App