THANKS SPIGEN!! Your Capsule case destroyed my Note 4

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I still have no scratches with the Neo Hybrid case. Changed to my backup battery this morning.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

Devilade

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Altho scratches on phones does not affect performance, it significantly lowers the phone's re-sale value.

With the question you asked, can i assume you have a cabinet full of old used phones? Cause it sounded to me that you totally have no knowledge of selling used phones at all.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Spigen cases, while looking rather nice, are utter garbage.
Hi all,
I know this has been brought up here and on other forums lately and I kinda thought that those effected maybe in some way were careless with their Note 4, now I can officially side with those claiming their Spigen cases scratched the beveled edges of their Note 4.

I just took my Capsule case off to change SD cards and was shocked by the damage to the edge of my VERY pampered Note 4, it is lightly and heavily scratched around the entire phone, both sides and the top and bottom.

Never again will I buy Spigen

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I've yet to even receive my note yet, but logic is telling me that any case could potentially do this, and that the blame lies in the phone's design. I hope I'm wrong. I do plan to use my phone naked some of the time, but I like using a generic tpu case when I'm busy at work and needed to put my phone down in random places while I'm doing my tech support runs. I'll probably stick to naked with extra TLC until I hear more anecdotal evidence either way.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Nope, it depends on the type of case. I use to buy and sell phones and it never failed that almost any type of hard case is gonna damage your phine, especially if it has metal edges like the old iPhones s. I never ever buy hard cases to put on my phone. I don't even know about the case in question but can guess it's a hard case.

Posted via the Android Central App

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Nope, it depends on the type of case. I use to buy and sell phones and it never failed that almost any type of hard case is gonna damage your phine, especially if it has metal edges like the old iPhones s. I never ever buy hard cases to put on my phone. I don't even know about the case in question but can guess it's a hard case.

I have always out tpu rubber or soft plastic cases on my phone from the very first day I buy then and I Never had one single scratch on my phone. I have had my note 4 from release day and it looks like it just came out of the box, spotless. Same thing with my gold iohineb6 plus, sipper thin soft plastic case on and it is flawless, not a single scratch anywhere. So for those saying it happens with all cases, that pure nonsense and simply not true. It totally depend on the case you have. I agree with those who are upset with these scratches after investing too dollar to prevent this very thing. I would be pissed. It's not only about functionality but more so about look and in many cases resale value.

anon67808

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Been rocking the Spigen Neo Hybrid since day one. Multiple (2-3) battery swaps per day.. No scratching on my N4. I in fact highly recommend this case. Especially if bought from Amazon. It was $17.99 there and $30.00 on eBay.. Great case.. Looks good and adds little the the devices footprint..

Carved in place by my Note 4.

I call bull[inappropriate language edited by Moderator] on this one. There's NO WAY you take off/put on that case multiple times daily and your phone isn't scratched up. I don't believe you.

Last edited by a moderator:

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I own the capsule case for my note 4 and have just taken it off to find light scratches all the way down both sides of the metal frame on my phone. I bought this case because I owned the spigen bounce case for my note 3 and thought it was great. I was however already looking for a new case because the capsule case picks up marks far too easily but after noticing this its now going straight in the bin. Seems hard to believe but it has to be the sharp lip on the inside edge of he case causing the problem. I was tempted to get the metal neo hybrid but i've read in a few places that the frame weakens phone signal and after this problem im now questioning whether to ever touch another spigen case again :confused::eek:

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I own the capsule case for my note 4 and have just taken it off to find light scratches all the way down both sides of the metal frame on my phone. I bought this case because I owned the spigen bounce case for my note 3 and thought it was great. I was however already looking for a new case because the capsule case picks up marks far too easily but after noticing this its now going straight in the bin. Seems hard to believe but it has to be the sharp lip on the inside edge of he case causing the problem. I was tempted to get the metal neo hybrid but i've read in a few places that the frame weakens phone signal and after this problem im now questioning whether to ever touch another spigen case again :confused::eek:

just get a uag case. its kinda of bulky and it scratches it (very minimal) but i beleve that when i drop this phone with the uag case on it it will have no damage

neils0911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
just get a uag case. its kinda of bulky and it scratches it (very minimal) but i beleve that when i drop this phone with the uag case on it it will have no damage

Strangely enough I spent a long time with a UAG case on my note 3, I only went to the spigen bounce not long before I moved to note 4. chances are ill end up back with them now spigen have taken a shotgun to their chances of retaining my custom. I contacted spigens ebay store here in the UK and they said the metal neo hybrids can cause signal drop 'in rural town area'. To me its a case of either it does or doesn't, so all they've done there is politely said 'Yeah we didn't design the case very well and it does cause a drop in signal, but we're selling it anyway'. My only positive is that i'm confident taking phones to pieces so in 6-8 months ill end up just ordering a new metal bezel and swapping the old one

byasini

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Strangely enough I spent a long time with a UAG case on my note 3, I only went to the spigen bounce not long before I moved to note 4. chances are ill end up back with them now spigen have taken a shotgun to their chances of retaining my custom. I contacted spigens ebay store here in the UK and they said the metal neo hybrids can cause signal drop 'in rural town area'. To me its a case of either it does or doesn't, so all they've done there is politely said 'Yeah we didn't design the case very well and it does cause a drop in signal, but we're selling it anyway'. My only positive is that i'm confident taking phones to pieces so in 6-8 months ill end up just ordering a new metal bezel and swapping the old one

To all my friends here.
Please don't judge spigen by their previous designs for note 3.
Note 4 was the first metal frame phone from samsung which spigen has made a case for.

I bought an spigen today and I am a little worried too. But you should know that back to stone age when I had an iPhone 4 these scratches were very normal. Every TPU case I bought made these scratches and by the way they are not scarce. They are just shiny metal lines.
I hope spigen and other manufacturer decide to change their designs soon.

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've got the spigen ultra hybrid crystal clear case. I used it for a day until I saw this thread and then took it off. I'm using my S view cover but I'd much prefer to use the spigen case however I'm worried about it scratching the phone. I'm really OCD about my gadget.

To make things worse I've seen reviews on Amazon stating the same thing that the case has scratched their phone.

Posted from my gold note 4

dlrogers81

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Good to know. I was going to think about getting a Spigen case too, but read other similar reviews online. I just ordered the Samsung case..it looks like and doesn't bulk up the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

extremetechpc

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Spigen Tough Armor AND SLIM ARMOR caused the same scratches on my Note 4 and my girlfriend's Note 4. We put them into those cases brand spanking NEW! We even waited to take our Note4s out of the box for a week until the cases arrived. Both phones...indetical damage!!!!! Contacted Spigen...they said I probably took off the cases too abruptly and that's what did it...They're not responsible???? We paid full price cash $1300 of our hard earned cash and bought tempered glass and cases on top of it....TO PROTECT THE PHONE. If we were to cause the damage that's different. But if the very thing causes damage that you PURCHASED to PROTECT....THAT'S JUST WRONG. and it's also not fair.
I'll post pictures of my damage as well. And I'll repost Spigens response after I show them that I'm not the only one with the same issue.

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Every phone I've owned...iPhones, S5, and Note 4 have all had some scratching due to the cases. The only case that didn't scratch the phone was the S View case I eventually bought for my S5.

It sucks but I like knowing that my phone is protected should I drop it.

Cosmetic scratches>>>>>>drop damage.

Last edited:

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've used nothing but Otterbox commuter cases since picking up my Note 4 in November. Pristine shape still!

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I've used nothing but Otterbox commuter cases since picking up my Note 4 in November. Pristine shape still!

When I use to have an iPhone or my GS4 and now my Note 4. I have always used Otterbox Defender case. Why people bash Otterbox is beyond me. Its the best!

~Blessed From My Note 4~

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site

I purchased Note 4 yesterday , picked up Otterbox commuter last night & worry set in bezel damage may occur.

Thanks for feedback putting my worry to rest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001