THANKS SPIGEN!! Your Capsule case destroyed my Note 4

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Those scratches are easy to polish out with any decent aluminum polish. I have posted this here before...with a links to polishes. Easy fix.

Hi FBA,
I searched for your links, can you repost please...or...what products did you use, being a Porsche 911 owner I'm very adept at caring for nice things properly and probably already own the polishing creams or pastes. But again, let me know what you found to work.
Thanks a ton

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
maybe its me but i just dont see why people care about scratches on the sides or back of a phone. especially when its gonna be in a case any way. its just a phone, use it !

Hi Plum Crazy,

The reason I care is certainly OCD to a large extent. I buy high end nice looking things and like to keep them that way. One thing that drives me crazy are once nice items that have been neglected, abused, trashed or otherwise. It just looks bad and clearly demonstrates to others that the person is irresponsible.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
maybe its me but i just dont see why people care about scratches on the sides or back of a phone. especially when its gonna be in a case any way. its just a phone, use it !
For me, it's definitely resale value. I buy my devices outright and tend to upgrade after about 2-2.5 years. I tend to take really good care of my stuff. The money I get back from flipping my old device takes the sting out of the off-contract price of the new one. The more I get the better obviously.

Sent from my SGH-T999

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
For me, it's definitely resale value. I buy my devices outright and tend to upgrade after about 2-2.5 years. I tend to take really good care of my stuff. The money I get back from flipping my old device takes the sting out of the off-contract price of the new one. The more I get the better obviously.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Yes, I forgot resale value too, thank you. An important part of taking care of these things.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a picture of the damages?

I just ordered a Spigen case and with all these reports of "scratches", I'm scared now,

Which? i have tough armor. It has been on and off 50 times by now. Not a scratch on it. Of course, that's a dual layer case and a bit pricier.

I might add if in fact those blemishes can be polished out, perhaps those aren't real scratches either--just scuffs.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi FBA,
I searched for your links, can you repost please...or...what products did you use, being a Porsche 911 owner I'm very adept at caring for nice things properly and probably already own the polishing creams or pastes. But again, let me know what you found to work.
Thanks a ton
Oddly enough, I'm in the market for a 2014/ 2015 911 Turbo myself, so you'll appreciate this with the aluminum on those cars...

I have several supercars...and this is what I use for exhaust tips/ polished superchargers etc...this is the best you can buy for what you want...and you'll love it on your 911!

Here ya go!

#1920 - Autosol Anodized Aluminum Polish - 75ml Tube

This also works perfectly as well...

http://www.mothers.com/02_products/05100-05101.html

anon9173723

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Oddly enough, I'm in the market for a 2014/ 2015 911 Turbo myself, so you'll appreciate this with the aluminum on those cars...

I have several supercars...and this is what I use for exhaust tips/ polished superchargers etc...this is the best you can buy for what you want...and you'll love it on your 911!

Here ya go!

#1920 - Autosol Anodized Aluminum Polish - 75ml Tube

This also works perfectly as well...

Mothers® Mag & Aluminum Polish

Thank you FBA,

Contact Larry Reynolds at Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach FL, great guy, one of the most knowledgeable and connected in the industry. Bought 3 Carrera's from Larry

Eric Pr

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Plum Crazy,

The reason I care is certainly OCD to a large extent. I buy high end nice looking things and like to keep them that way. One thing that drives me crazy are once nice items that have been neglected, abused, trashed or otherwise. It just looks bad and clearly demonstrates to others that the person is irresponsible.

I would not say a well used device is a sign of an irresponsible person. People buy certain things for various reasons and put a level of care into a device based on its value. Cell phones and laptops are disposable devices with a 1-2 year life. Most see it that way and really don't care about cosmetic damage, and use the devices instead of admire them. I wish they would have made a Note 4 Active so I could have the phone without adding a bulky case to protect the internals and screen from the occasional drop.

Beetlesauce

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
As OP stated ... DO NOT GET A SPIGEN CASE FOR YOUR NOTE 4.

I bought one as well before my phone arrived and thought nothing of it after putting on the case on my phone. Then a few days later, on Amazon and other forums, I read about the Spigen scratches and removed my case only to see the top and bottom scratched. I wasn't too thrilled about it but not much I can do about it now. I always keep my phones in a case so it's only visible when it's removed. Make no mistake it's clearly visible. My co-worker thought I did something to my phone when I held it without a case and didn't even mention to him about the scratch. It's just clearly visible naked. I keep my phones for about 2 years so it can be attributed to normal wear and tear when I sell the phone.

I did return the Spigen case to Amazon and got a Incipio case instead. Below is a photo of the top and bottom of my phone currently so you can see some of the scratches.

G Note 4 scratch 1.jpgG Note 4 scratch 2.jpg

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
As OP stated ... DO NOT GET A SPIGEN CASE FOR YOUR NOTE 4.

I bought one as well before my phone arrived and thought nothing of it after putting on the case on my phone. Then a few days later, on Amazon and other forums, I read about the Spigen scratches and removed my case only to see the top and bottom scratched. I wasn't too thrilled about it but not much I can do about it now. I always keep my phones in a case so it's only visible when it's removed. Make no mistake it's clearly visible. My co-worker thought I did something to my phone when I held it without a case and didn't even mention to him about the scratch. It's just clearly visible naked. I keep my phones for about 2 years so it can be attributed to normal wear and tear when I sell the phone.

I did return the Spigen case to Amazon and got a Incipio case instead. Below is a photo of the top and bottom of my phone currently so you can see some of the scratches.

View attachment 151603View attachment 151604

Whoa! The case alone did that? Thats why I don't get the plastic/aluminum cases...always get Silicone/Rubber

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I also bought the Spigen neo hybrid case and was lucky enough to remove it after 24 hours of use. I saw tiny scratches. So now am going for the s cover case.
I don't get those that says the scratches doesn't matter bcos the phone is going into a case anyway.. Is the case not suppose to protect the phone? What use is a case if it can't do the basic thing it was bought for instead it does the opposite? And I think we can rule out dirts or debris causing the scratches. It's definitely the case.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Nobbb

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
holy cow! Those are some SERIOUS scratches...

Mine is arriving in a day or two...sighhh was so excited too...:'(

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred