THANKS SPIGEN!! Your Capsule case destroyed my Note 4

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Nothing...it was to show to someone who was interested in them. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it...

That's why he probably doesn't read car forums. If someone wanted to see it, you guys could PM or hop over to a car forum. I love your cars, but it's offtopic and derails the conversation.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
As with any customer service ... One persons experience can be drastically different from another persons experience.
True but consider that spigen has a disproportionately high number of complaints about its customer service, particularly it's long response time (sometimes a week or more). If someone has to contact them on fb then that doesn't count... They should respond to emails in a timely manner. In fact, of all the major companies that I have contacted, spigen was by far the longest at a week. And they sent me a replacement - broken even before I removed it from the bag in the identical spot as where my original was broken. Granted this was on the note 3. I tried again on the note 4 but there was the mic hole problem, which was probably for the better anyway based on all the complaints of scratched phones.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

theravindra

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I had ordered a spigen case, it was out of stock, and is scheduled for deliver by mid December
Details are:
Galaxy Note 4 Case, Spigen® [METALLIZED BUTTONS] Galaxy Note 4 Case Protective **NEW** [Neo Hybrid] [Electric Red] Bumper Style Premium Case Slim Fit Dual Layer Protective Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (2014) - Electric Red (SGP11122)

It says that it is TPU on the inside

Do you suppose that it will scratch the phone like the other cases by spigen

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
True but consider that spigen has a disproportionately high number of complaints about its customer service, particularly it's long response time (sometimes a week or more). If someone has to contact them on fb then that doesn't count... They should respond to emails in a timely manner. In fact, of all the major companies that I have contacted, spigen was by far the longest at a week. And they sent me a replacement - broken even before I removed it from the bag in the identical spot as where my original was broken. Granted this was on the note 3. I tried again on the note 4 but there was the mic hole problem, which was probably for the better anyway based on all the complaints of scratched phones.

Oh I agree -- I am just saying Preach's experience definitely doesn't seem to be the norm from what I see around the forums.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I do think 2 months is a long time. But I guess it depends on the complaints. None of us are entitled to personal tech support from every company we try to contact. As awesome as it would be, if they responded to EVERY LAST email and complaint/request, they'd never have time to make any cases. I'm not saying your complaint wasn't valid, or that companies don't have some obligation to stand behind their products. What my main point is, is that we ALWAYS as consumers jump to the "I will never buy from them again!" Well, as bad as I hate to admit it, Spigen doesn't give a rats a-- if you or I don't buy from them. Someone else will, and they'll remain wealthier than you or I or anyone else on here combined. Maybe if we were more judicial about our threats, they'd mean more instead of throwing them around everytime we feel sleighted.

That's the point! They SHOULD answer every last email if that's the only way to contact them. And you are correct - they don't care if I buy from them again but if they continue down this same path, it'll bite them in the rear.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
That's the point! They SHOULD answer every last email if that's the only way to contact them. And you are correct - they don't care if I buy from them again but if they continue down this same path, it'll bite them in the rear.

True, it would end up biting them if they got so bad that everyone left. I agree. My point is, let's be reasonable about it. Do YOU reply to every single email you get on a daily basis? Maybe to them, something they've already resolved becomes spam because maybe they've posted things on Amazon in the product description or whatever else that addresses problems that they've gotten emails about. I don't mean to sound like i'm making excuses for them, I'm just saying everyone always says the same thing about every company that frustrates them. "I'll never buy from them again." Having worked with the public a lot, I have heard so many hollow threats and they just got so old and they stop holding water when they got tossed around all the time.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Interesting and informative thread. I used Spigen cases on several phones and never had a problem with them. I will avoid the Capsule case because that seems to be the one with the problem. The guy on Amazon reviews is confusing & misleading because it's being posted on a lot of other Spigen cases that are not the one that did the damage.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Interesting and informative thread. I used Spigen cases on several phones and never had a problem with them. I will avoid the Capsule case because that seems to be the one with the problem. The guy on Amazon reviews is confusing & misleading because it's being posted on a lot of other Spigen cases that are not the one that did the damage.
The issue is specifically related to the note 4 case, due to Samsung's choice to use raw aluminum on the chamfer (raw in the sense that it isn't powder coated, anodized, etc)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

i would be careful of any case that is not 100% soft TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane)! these two look like hard plastic and the reviews mention scratches! i really recommend Diztronic. good luck!

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
i would be careful of any case that is not 100% soft TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane)! these two look like hard plastic and the reviews mention scratches! i really recommend Diztronic. good luck!

If its hard plastic it gets scratches especially if you plan to remove it frequently to swap battery or any other reason. That was the case with mine. Each time I took it the scratches were slightly worse than the last time. Like Gekko said 100% soft TPU.

kludger

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Spigen Neo Hybrid case on my Note4 since release day, I've taken the case on and off many times, I don't have any scratches.

I do remove the outer frame separately from taking the phone out of the rubber TPU, if anyone got scratches with the NeoHybrid maybe they aren't removing the frame from the TPU before removing the phone?

Anyhow no scratches here with my Neo Hybrid it's still my favorite case that I keep coming back to after trying the Ringke Slim (this one has tough plastic sides and might cause scratches) and the Caseology Soft case (no scratches but the sides were not grippy enough for me)

Acrees

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
What do you think which cover is best to cover this phone and not damage him, cause I have manual work and sh** happens so often...
I will take verzion and I saw many problems with spigen is there any better option to cover my phone ? (price about 50euro) Thx

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I had ordered a spigen case, it was out of stock, and is scheduled for deliver by mid December
Details are:
Galaxy Note 4 Case, Spigen® [METALLIZED BUTTONS] Galaxy Note 4 Case Protective **NEW** [Neo Hybrid] [Electric Red] Bumper Style Premium Case Slim Fit Dual Layer Protective Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (2014) - Electric Red (SGP11122)

It says that it is TPU on the inside

Do you suppose that it will scratch the phone like the other cases by spigen

Neo-Hybrid cases do not scratch the aluminum on the phone.

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!