The Guardian: Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 should be officially recalled – US consumer watchdog

MikezDroid

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
AT&T is still selling the note 7. At least at the store I was in today. I was waiting in line to turn my note7 in for the recall and saw several note 7s sold.

"Consumer Reports discovered that despite a halt in sales from Samsung, some retailers were still offering the phone for sale. It also contacted the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), which analyses reported faults and determines if corrective action is required, including a full-scale recall, and found that no such action had been taken by Samsung on Friday"

The Guardian: Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 should be officially recalled – US consumer watchdog. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwsLLlxS0

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If an AT&T store is selling the Note 7 they are violating the corporate AT&T contract with Samsung and a manager and staff will likely be fired after this article.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
AT&T is still selling the note 7. At least at the store I was in today. I was waiting in line to turn my note7 in for the recall and saw several note 7s sold.

"Consumer Reports discovered that despite a halt in sales from Samsung, some retailers were still offering the phone for sale. It also contacted the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), which analyses reported faults and determines if corrective action is required, including a full-scale recall, and found that no such action had been taken by Samsung on Friday"

The Guardian: Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 should be officially recalled – US consumer watchdog. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwsLLlxS0
That's Big Blue's fault for selling the phone, not Samsung.

MikezDroid

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
That's Big Blue's fault for selling the phone, not Samsung.
A bit of both. Samsung is not effecting the recall but they are responsible in the end. They are legal obligated to oversee their recall.

However I didn't post this for blame. I'm a bit shocked that AT&T was selling them and I'm more shocked that the buyers are living in a vacuum and haven't heard about the recall.