The Jelly Bean OTA update is complete.

artstfn2007

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: The Jelly Bean OTA update has started. Post yours here.

I'm still waiting.......:mad: soon I know!

Sent from Alexis Nexus

Have you tried forcing it with the google Framework stop thingy?? That worked for me...I am in Granite City and have had it since I did that Sunday morning..........they say where you are don't matter...not sure I believe it...you may have to do this several times...

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

It may be my imagination, but the battery life looks to have improved. I am, of course, using the 2100 mAh battery.
I will monitor throughout the day and post up my findings later.
ebazusy8.jpg

upemyre9.jpg

It looks like it was not my imagination.
About to crash and burn and there is 8% Battery Power left.
I am running Juice Defender Plus. Workin just fine for me.
Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus w/Jelly Bean.

almath

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried forcing it with the google Framework stop thingy?? That worked for me...I am in Granite City and have had it since I did that Sunday morning..........they say where you are don't matter...not sure I believe it...you may have to do this several times...

No, don't know why.... just like suffering!!

Sent from Alexis Nexus

tramsay09

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know when and if the galaxy nexus on wind mobile in Canada will get the update to android 4.1 jelly bean, I don't want to flash a rom version

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

My Sons Gnex got the update this morning early. I didn't get anything so I finally got tired of waiting and did the force close thing. about the 10th try I got the update and it is downloading now.

Glad I don't have a GS3 Samsung claims to have only sold 2 million G Nexus and whatever percentage of Sprint phones that entails takes a week to update the phones. They sold 10 million GS3's what is that roll out going to take? 2 months?

:D

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded and installed, first impressions,

increase in speed or "snappiness" which is augmented by the smoothness that makes it seem even faster.

Slightly better WiFi connectivity and 3G connectivity.

I like that now you can turn off everything in google + which I have no use for.

Only thing I do not like is in ICS the google search bar was transparent and now it is grey in JB. can't find a setting to change it back to transparent.

Overall I like the upgrade a lot. makes the phone faster and much, much smoother.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded and installed, first impressions,

increase in speed or "snappiness" which is augmented by the smoothness that makes it seem even faster.

Slightly better WiFi connectivity and 3G connectivity.

I like that now you can turn off everything in google + which I have no use for.

Only thing I do not like is in ICS the google search bar was transparent and now it is grey in JB. can't find a setting to change it back to transparent.

Overall I like the upgrade a lot. makes the phone faster and much, much smoother.

Grab Apex Launcher, you can choose between the two and also remove it from the home screen completely if you'd like. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cowgirl66

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

I've had JB since Sunday. I manually updated through fastboot.
It is definitely smoother and snappier.
I really like the extra info on notification screen.
Battery seems the same for me. Using 2100 mah.
I use wave launcher and every since the update I can't slide my thumb up from the bottom of the screen to pull it up. I have to actually tap on the exact spot to get it to work.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I've had JB since Sunday. I manually updated through fastboot.
It is definitely smoother and snappier.
I really like the extra info on notification screen.
Battery seems the same for me. Using 2100 mah.
I use wave launcher and every since the update I can't slide my thumb up from the bottom of the screen to pull it up. I have to actually tap on the exact spot to get it to work.

I wonder if that's due to how you access Google Now. Try moving the swiping position to a different location and see if you still have the issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GranPaSmurf

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

I have been running the JB from OTA update for 2 days now. The only hitch I found is having to re-pair my Jawbone Bluetooth.
The Butter effect is, well..., smooth as butter. I am not quite sure I comprehend the cards yet. I cannot find where to edit when they pop up. Maybe after getting used to them. Same with the voice Google Search or whatever the Android Siri is called. Maybe I will name it Andy. I guess I have to force myself to use it a bit to learn to like it. I will say that it has yet to misunderstand my words on the dozen or so times I used it.
Oh, yeah, the other thing I lost was SuperUser. My bootloader is still unlocked, so that didn't interfere with OTA update. All in all I have had a curious smirk on my face when I read all the wonderful things the iPhone is supposed to do. I like my Nexus just fine thank you.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

The Jelly Bean OTA update is done. Hope everyone got theirs.
Nearly everyone seems to like it and is working well.

Still kinda funny that we got it before the Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners.

cowgirl66

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
It does work fine on either side of screen but it's not as easy for me to get to. I'm starting to get used to just tapping it but it was nice just being able to swype up.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Even if its technically "done" its still there waiting.. If you were to flash back to official ICS give it a little time you will once again receive the OTA notification again...

Danf

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

Verizon is nothing if not consistent. They fiercely guard their last place status when it comes to OS updates.

:D

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Even if its technically "done" its still there waiting.. If you were to flash back to official ICS give it a little time you will once again receive the OTA notification again...
Well if you want to get really technical, that is true. ;)
Good info in case anyone has to go back to ICS for any reason.

Anybody want to take bets on when Verizon's Nexus gets their update. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well if you want to get really technical, that is true. ;)
Good info in case anyone has to go back to ICS for any reason.

Anybody want to take bets on when Verizon's Nexus gets their update. :)

Poor Verizon folks... I don't want to poke fun at them because after all at least Verizon and Google have kept communication open via AOSP to have support. Sprint on the other hand has broken that open line of communication.
Thus the reason why devs have had to work extra hard to get us the goods for restoring to stock when rooted and jumping thru hoops to get the proprietary files pulled off the devices to build ROMs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796