The Next Big Thing(?)

heyjb28

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So, something's been picking my brain lately. Earlier this year, I had an upgrade coming and was thinking of either the Evo 4G LTE or the GS3. The GS3 won this battle because it brought something no one else had before, 2GB of RAM. When my upgrade was available, I decided to wait for the Nexus 4, but, it seems like it won't be coming to Sprint. And so, I'll be waiting for the next wave of devices. The rumored HTC M7 has recently caught my eye. But here's the question.. Just to stir up some conversation, what upgraded spec/feature/anything do you guys think will be coming to the Galaxy S IV that will trump this (or any other) device in 2013?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Given how the GS3 overwhelmed the competition at launch and continues to this day, I would wait until the GS4 is released. I haven't read too many specs on the M7 but it will most likely not have a removable battery and additional storage, two things HTC could do to up the ante. Also, I like TouchWiz better than Sense. TouchWiz seems more fluid and intuitive. Having transitioned from a BB 9810 last June, I am still a bit new to appreciate the nuances of pure Android. Samsung releases a more consistent product as it releases one build across all carriers.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
2013 should be an interesting year for the mobile industry, to say the least. With Google and Motorola working on the "X-Phone," I wonder if the GS4 will mark Samsung's shift to their own forked version of Android?

Competition should be great next year: Android 4.2 and counting, iOS 6 and counting, Windows Phone 8, BB10, and maybe even some action from the webOS side. However, I do think Samsung will do great things with the GS4 and the Galaxy Note 3.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Android Authority has reported the potential model numbers for the GS4. I-9500 and I-9505(LTE).

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the GS4 will mark Samsung's shift to their own forked version of Android?
Samsung already has their own mobile OS "Bada" which I don't see them using anytime soon on a flagship device. Google would be shooting themselves in the foot if they ever decided to make Android exclusive to Motorola. No doubt the "X Phone" will be good, but Samsung still makes the best Android phones IMO.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung already has their own mobile OS "Bada" which I don't see them using anytime soon on a flagship device. Google would be shooting themselves in the foot if they ever decided to make Android exclusive to Motorola. No doubt the "X Phone" will be good, but Samsung still makes the best Android phones IMO.

I agree that it wouldn't be in Google's best interests to do so. And, in my opinion, Samsung using a forked version of Android would happen before they even glanced at Bada on a high-end device; if it happened at all. And, as far as Samsung making the best Android phones, the numbers don't lie. After using the GS3, I have become a big fan of their products: however, I did use Motorola products prior; and I will always have a soft spot for their build quality. I am really looking forward to the X-Phone and all of the rumored phones due in 2013 ;)

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everything that's been said here. Secretly I wish everyone would team up and just start a series of DOMINATING Android devices. Motorola build, radios and battery size, Samsung style and innovations, HTC screens, and pure Nexus Android for the user interface.

Obviously this would never happen, but is fun to imagine the look on my Apple fan friends' faces.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Areplat

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Just wait a year or two. Samsung is moving fast and I bet soon enough will make phones not only powerfull but nice looking and lond-lasting all in one.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I honestly think the S4 will be more like a 3.5 and the real game changer will be the Note 3. The video in the keynote speech gave us a real sense of what could be done with flexable screens. The GS3 looking phone that converts to a Note tablet in the video maybe just a concept now but for future considerations I am there waiting in line for that.

I truely believe that Samsung will combine the GS and Note lineup into one new product line if that concept comes to light.

heyjb28

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Can you post this video? Sounds pretty interesting.
I honestly think the S4 will be more like a 3.5 and the real game changer will be the Note 3. The video in the keynote speech gave us a real sense of what could be done with flexable screens. The GS3 looking phone that converts to a Note tablet in the video maybe just a concept now but for future considerations I am there waiting in line for that.

I truely believe that Samsung will combine the GS and Note lineup into one new product line if that concept comes to light.

ThisDieingDream1

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
2 maybe 3 years I positive they will start implementing brain wave technology into these hand held devices.

Instead of typing all you have to do Is think. Instead of touching the screen to search google or YouTube...all you have to do is think.
That is not to far away.....we aready have wireless charing...niiiiiice

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigthangz80