The official bloggers review thread.

FocusFreak

Banned
May 8, 2011
Visit site
Why do you continue to troll the EVO threads? You don't have the phone, nor are you going to get the phone. You've switched carriers, so now you really have no business being here. I suppose it would be different if you actually added something. But your comments are meant for no other reason than to irritate people. Out of multiple reviews there have been 3 guys bring up reception being mediocre, 2 of which said its not the phone its the Sprint service where they are. But you always seem to leave that part out.

Now I know you would like nothing more than the EVO 3D to fail miserably, but its not going to happen. So stay in the Sensation and T-mobile forums and tell everyone there how superior your phone is to everything else, I'm sure they would love to hear it. But here people are tired of your act.

Well judging from what is says your next device will be, seems you have already made up your mind to get the phone no matter what. Thats cool. You just want to shut your ears to anything negative reported about the phone and believe its the most amazing thing ever, I get it. I couldnt care less how well it does or doesnt sell. Nor do I care if its an amazing device or a failed one because I currently have two phones that will work for me on either Sprint or TMobile. It was just going to be another device for me to consider but I wasnt thrilled with the reception and date in this area. I am just reporting what I saw with the device today, sorry that upsets you. Are you going to storm the Phonedog review site and cry about their review too?

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well judging from what is says your next device will be, seems you have already made up your mind to get the phone no matter what. Thats cool. You just want to shut your ears to anything negative reported about the phone and believe its the most amazing thing ever, I get it. I couldnt care less how well it does or doesnt sell. Nor do I care if its an amazing device or a failed one because I currently have two phones that will work for me on either Sprint or TMobile. It was just going to be another device for me to consider but I wasnt thrilled with the reception and date in this area. I am just reporting what I saw with the device today, sorry that upsets you. Are you going to storm the Phonedog review site and cry about their review too?

Can we get this guy a vacation?
Your posts are taking away from the legitimate questions/posts that really matter.
I got to play with this phone in a rural town west of chicago. There Are no signal issues and against my hero and my mother's evo, it had equal or better service in my area.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
It would be a shame to close this thread.

Please keep things civil. You know the rules.

Edited to add: Feel free to use that report post button if you see any more baiting/trolling/foolery. We'll be happy to keep it from sliding down and needing closed.

Reactions: LexInHouston

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
We won't know if there are real reception issues until the phone is in the hands of hundreds of thousands of users. A reviewer with bad service area does not a poor device make, we know Aaron has no Sprint service where he is. Is the EVO radio/antennae less effective than other Sprint phones? It's possible, but we will know for sure tomorrow.

anon(32502)

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Since none of the other video or print reviews I've come across have mentioned poor reception with this device, I believe this is just a location issue. he's in an area where Sprint's coverage is weak. We all know If you're only getting one or two bars, reception and data speeds will be poor. Here in NYC I get great coverage on 3G and 4G so I'll see for myself on Friday morning whether there is an actual reception issue with this phone.

On a side note, there seems to be alot of anticipation for this device, at least at my local Best Buy. A lady from there called me today to setup an appointment to pick it up on Friday and she told me they were opening @ 8am , not their usual 10. They're also doing appointments this year, whereas last year they didn't. Guess there's more interest this year.

There are several reviews that mention poor radio reception, its not an isolated event.

It appears if you live in an area and get full bars you're good, anyone else on the fringe might want to consider a different phone. I'm bummed, I'm a tweener!

svinyard

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
There are several reviews that mention poor radio reception, its not an isolated event.

It appears if you live in an area and get full bars you're good, anyone else on the fringe might want to consider a different phone. I'm bummed, I'm a tweener!

Just read a fairly in depth user review at AndroidForums. The guy was one of the few premier users to get one. Did a bunch of photos with it as well as unboxing photos too.

One key thing he did say was that in his office, the EVO3D got significantly better signal (bars) than his OG EVO. He said as he walked through some of the denser parts of the building where the OG EVO lost all bars, his EVO3D would still have two.

Probably one of the, if not the best use case tests we've seen yet.

astoriacub

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Just read a fairly in depth user review at AndroidForums. The guy was one of the few premier users to get one. Did a bunch of photos with it as well as unboxing photos too.

One key thing he did say was that in his office, the EVO3D got significantly better signal (bars) than his OG EVO. He said as he walked through some of the denser parts of the building where the OG EVO lost all bars, his EVO3D would still have two.

Probably one of the, if not the best use case tests we've seen yet.
can you provide a link? I can't find the thread and would love to read it. Would be greatly appreciated.

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I have found that it varies from location to location. In my area, Nexus S has a poor reception while the HTCs and Samsungs have great receptions. However on travel I have seen other makers doing better. As for where I will be at any given time...the HTC or Samsung phones will work fine. I just want my EVO3D.

I am enjoying the reviews so far, but I'm ready for some real world use reviews coming up from average users.

wcmarchese#AC

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Just trying to see if something is normal on my EVO 3D.

Try running your finger against the glass on the back, is one side down into the phone a tiny bit more than the other side?

WCM

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. Just trying to see if something is normal on my EVO 3D.

Try running your finger against the glass on the back, is one side down into the phone a tiny bit more than the other side?

WCM

Haha, make sure you snapped on the battery door all the way. Mine was like that. I was like "Oh cool, inclined camera lens"

Then I snapped it down all the way. Ooops o_O

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I got the device. I'd be glad to answer any questions. Overall, this is the BEST phone I have EVER used. I am in LOVE with it.

If you werent thinking about getting it, reconsider, you will not regret it.

1) Lets put this out there. Green Hornet, doesnt work. Something about activation license error. Im pretty sure Sprint will fix this so no worries.

2) No way in HELL am I going to let Spider Man install 186MB on my phone (So no, I didnt play it)

3) 3D content- Yea, kinda hokey. But kinda fun that it exists on your device. People that b*tch about it are just b*tching about it. It's an extra feature. Dont use it if you dont like it.

Me, personally, saw some YouTube 3D content and let me just say "WOW", these videos are incredible and really let the 3D on the Evo 3D, shine. Gorgeous.

4) Bloatware!- Yes, you can remove the most annoying ones
-Sprint TV, Sprint Radio, Blockbuster, NASCAR!(THANK YOU), and a few
others

BUT, you can't remove it all... Spider Man is here to stay, folks.

5) It's SUPER FAST. Games, interface, everything! Enough said on that one. The dual-core processor shines!

6) Call quality- Better than the Evo 4G in my opinion. Sounds normal, like a phone should. No tinny voice or hissing in the background for me. Snags a signal just as solid as all of my other phones on Sprint did.

Data- Works at my house now! Call me crazy! 3G speeds are normal!

Having said that, YouTube (the app) is no good on 3G. Google needs to update it. Over 3G it wont show videos. Yet, mobile site of youtube shows them perfect and fast. Proof that it's an application problem and not a problem with Sprint or the phone.

7) Camera Shoots excellent photos, 3D photos, meh, like I said just fun to have, fun to show off! Video has no lag, smooth unchoppy 720p at 30fps.

My gripe(A small one at that!).... It gets hot. Maybe because I'm actively using it, but that big camera gets hot and you can big time feel it when in your hand (like I said, maybe because I was downloading sh*t, haha)

Questions?

wcmarchese#AC

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Haha, make sure you snapped on the battery door all the way. Mine was like that. I was like "Oh cool, inclined camera lens"

Then I snapped it down all the way. Ooops o_O

Thank you. Yeah, I just saw this reply this morning. I had figured that out yesterday when anxiously taking the cover off. I couldn't cars I was charging battery.

I was so relieved, but I was confused cause the camera was still taking normal pictures and the lenses weren't loose.

Excellent. All in all I am very happy with this phone. Youtube has so pretty cool videos. There is one with this guy surfing and stuff. I think it's this guy advertising a 3D camera. It looks really nice on the EVO.

I just hate that i don't want to use it yet because Zagg and Seidio haven't put out their respective products. The extended battery and screen protector are a must for me. The battery seemed ok, but I still roll with the extended.

WCM

Efstratios

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I think it's sad that half the reviews state that it can shoot 1080p when it cannot (among other errors). Sad for the crappy reviewers who obviously didn't even test what the phone can do. Reading Sprint's specs is not reviewing a phone, you actually have to test it and see what it can do for yourself. That's the whole point of us (potentially) relying on a reviewer's review, otherwise we'd just take Sprint's word for everything and that defeats the purpose of someone else testing out the phone for us before we get our hands on it.

Here's another example of it, among many: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGaUiLSJgVU

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. Yeah, I just saw this reply this morning. I had figured that out yesterday when anxiously taking the cover off. I couldn't cars I was charging battery.

I was so relieved, but I was confused cause the camera was still taking normal pictures and the lenses weren't loose.

Excellent. All in all I am very happy with this phone. Youtube has so pretty cool videos. There is one with this guy surfing and stuff. I think it's this guy advertising a 3D camera. It looks really nice on the EVO.

I just hate that i don't want to use it yet because Zagg and Seidio haven't put out their respective products. The extended battery and screen protector are a must for me. The battery seemed ok, but I still roll with the extended.

WCM

Same here on extended battery. It's no good with out a spare battery charger and I have looked everywhere and there is not one out yet.

EVO - LUTION 3D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci