The Officially Official Verizon Rep "Source" Thread

brian772

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I just called my local corporate Verizon store asking if they would have the Galaxy Nexus available tomorrow the 15th. The guy said he would have them, so I asked if he could hold one for me. He said that they have enough in stock so it wouldn't be necessary. WOOO ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!

njennings

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: So my local Verizon corporate store called today...

I've attempted to increase my odds on this to ensure I get one tomorrow. Radio Shack had my name down and called today to indicate they could sell it tomorrow. Then, I called two VZW stores...the first of which was clueless and apathetic when I didn't take the RAZR bait. The second indicated they had them in stock and that they'd been told they could sell them tomorrow and would hold one for me. I'm not messing with BB out of principle given the go-round they gave guinnkevinr. Feeling pretty positive on this thing going down tomorrow...

dosboss

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Tomorrow for sure

I do not have a screen shot, but I was in a Verizon store in UT and the manager got an email form corporate that it will be released tomorrow (Thursday) and they allowed me to set up an appointment for 9am.

THIS ROCKS!!

- Law

Tagged

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon rep told me about an hour ago that it will not be tomorrow, their store heard the 20th as the next target date. I am hoping he is wrong!

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
OK, this is bad news for me. I called a nearby corporate store in Yuma, AZ and was told that they were going to release tomorrow but they had gotten word that that it had been delayed again and they could not sell it. Time to call Radio Shack or Best Buy!

Hondo_Lane

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm traveling on business and had a few minutes to spare this afternoon. I walked into the Verizon store un Laredo Texas and told the man I wanted to buy a Nexus. He didn't blink an eye, he told me the phone released tomorrow. However he would be glad to see if the system would allow him to sll it. He brought out the phone, two cases and a car charger. Of course the system wouldn't allow the sqle. I asked to see a demo and was told they were not supposed to get any out until tomorrow. Nobody tried to sell me a different phone. I have to catch a plane tomorrow in san Antonio and hope to pickup a nexus on the way.

bafrench

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got back from the local VZW store in MS to see about getting my POS DROID Charge fixed and the rep was not very enthusiastic about the Nexus at all (trying to push a RAZR on me).

However, he did say that they "should" release it tomorrow.

Side note: he let me hold the dummy version which was pretty cool. And he let me play with a white RAZR (which looked pretty cool too sadly :( ).

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I just called my local corporate Verizon store asking if they would have the Galaxy Nexus available tomorrow the 15th. The guy said he would have them, so I asked if he could hold one for me. He said that they have enough in stock so it wouldn't be necessary. WOOO ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!

Same with me. The guy who sold me the accessories 2 weeks ago confirmed their store had nearly 100 in stock and that the demo unit was going to be set up tonight after closing for the release tomorrow.

w00t w00t w00t!

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site

I was told the same thing last week at this one store near me but a funny thing is I called them today and was told no stock, no advertising info and no accessories......

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this he still means not 100% but...

LMAO. =D

OK. Here's where I stand from what I know at the moment. Dec. 16 is very much a working date now. But I'm also told Dec. 15 is still on the table.

In other words, nothing's really changed. Verizon's not 100 percent yet -- and, literally, these things have changed hour to hour. It's ridiculous. But I wouldn't mention Dec. 16 if I didn't trust my sources. So maybe Thursday, maybe Friday.

Edit: And see how quickly things change? Dec. 15 it is. :)

What I really think:

This has gotten way out of hand. Did I really see sites asking Verizon to announce when a press release will be sent out? That's bush-league from people who should know better. Verizon will announce it when they're good and ready, same as it ever was.

And when Verizon says it'll be out this year, that's the exact same thing they said in October. So nothing's changed. Move on. Not news.

If you haven't seen that Galaxy Nexus simulator yet, it's pretty slick. Hardly like holding the device, but it's a nice way to see how to do things in Ice Cream Sandwich.

If you haven't yet read our review of the GSM Galaxy Nexus, GO READ IT. We should have a Verizon review unit soon. But I'm really not expecting it to be grossly different than the GSM version I've been using since Thanksgiving. The battery life with LTE is a big question. And I'm curious to see how much thicker it feels. But otherwise? Same phone, folks.

And now, I'm going back to work, which involves plenty of things other than the Galaxy Nexus. You folks play nice. :)

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Just called, St. Louis, MO 4:10 CST - Asked if I should make an appointment for tomorrow IF it was coming out. She wanted to make sure that it was really going to be launching, put me on hold, came back and confirmed launch tomorrow. Hoping to have it in my hands at 9am.

dosboss

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Tomorrow for sure

Oh snap...fellow UT resident here. What store? *pleaseletitbenearmepleaseletitbenearme*

One of the upper managers has been using his Gnex for 2 days and the other was getting his today. i think that is a good sign.

To repeat: This was the Orem Parkway center location (next to Missionary Mall)

- law

BriMcFly88

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm just annoyed. I called a store today and the rep told me "As of now we have the green light to sell tomorrow, unless something changes". This was noon EST. I called two more stores now. One was an authorized dealer, and he said he has tracking showing the phone is coming in, but doesn't know if he can sell it "tomorrow or friday". The third store I called was verizon and they told me they are not selling it tomorrow and do not have a date when they are. That was 5pm est.

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Even in light of the announcement, I thought this was rather comical.

I was just told by a rep that the Nexus had a 10 MP camera. I didnt have the heart to tell him that I know it has a 5 MP shooter for a fact.

At least he let me play with one, and I LOVED it. Dont know if I'll go back to him tomorrow though....

thescreensavers

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Called two stores. Tampa and Hollywood in Florida, both say that it has been delayed and its not tomorrow, that VZW would have a press release when it comes out

Called these stores again for fun. One said Yes if I would like to schedule an appointment, the other store was like, hmm I don't know let me check we have been getting different answers through out the day...sometime later.... Yes it appears we are selling it would you like to schedule an appointment? I did and got one at 9am :D

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Customer Service Call 12/14

Feel free to merge with another thread, but I called to ask about the nexus tonight. The CS rep (sweet as can be) had no information that the Nexus was being released tomorrow, despite Verizon having tweeted it.

She did say it was an awesome phone and she cant wait to get it.

hyperdude

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Customer Service Call 12/14

Given our past experiences with CSRs on this forum, she probably either hadn't seen or received the memo saying it's releasing tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967