The "OMG my Evo V 4g is here!!" Thread

draetheus

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I know it's a minor detail, but for those who have the Evo V, what color is the metal band around the camera? I thought it was red, but this guy Virgin Mobile's HTC EVO V 4G - YouTube on YouTube has one that is black around the camera lenses. I asked, and he confirmed it's for VM-USA.

If you'll notice, he has the plum colored model. I have the standard black one and it has a red band around the camera.

Reactions: kalaniboy

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you upgraded to the evo from the 25 dollar plan? I really like the phone but I'm not sure if i want to lose the 25 dollar plan, but i always wanted an evo 3d, lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Nerfdude

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I did. It tried to get me to reset and pay for a new month, and I'd just paid two days prior... Called customer service and they credited me the difference and reset my month for free. The extra ten a month is totally worth it, 4g blows the doors off 3g.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I did. It tried to get me to reset and pay for a new month, and I'd just paid two days prior... Called customer service and they credited me the difference and reset my month for free. The extra ten a month is totally worth it, 4g blows the doors off 3g.

Man its real tempting. I am really getting fed up with the 3g and YouTube, tune in radio buffering every 2 seconds.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Did any of you that have the evo still do that whole charge before first use thing or did you just turn the phone on and start playing with it?

Kahroo

Android in training
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
YES! I got one. So happy. And it was the last one in the store too. Having some trouble trying to activate it. But I am still happy I got one.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Oh crap then I need to take mine back lmao..

It's all about salesmanship! This is how I sold my "caveman" husband on the idea of owning an OV in the first place. I got one first then I sold him on the idea of one for himself. And he didn't even know how to text! It's all how you WORK IT BABY!!

Last edited:

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine from radio shack off the shelf. Wife told me they had plenty. Got it yesterdayas early father'sd
Day gift. Awesome so far

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2