The option to hide the navigation bar has disappeared. Why? how can i get that option back?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

Spawnlives

Nov 16, 2018
Visit site
By "swipe down menu bar" are you referring to the Quick Settings?
Sorry mean't say status bar.
Swipe down from top of screen should give you options to turn things on/off eg: wi-fi,data,speaker etc. On mine a single swipe down show's me 6 options. If you swipe.down again it will show all options that have been added. If the navigation bar button is not there then tap on top right three dot menu - button order - then add to your status bar.
You can also from there add/remove buttons or rearrange to suit.

JesusHC

Jul 25, 2019
Visit site
Yet another reason not to update to Pie.
What they call a 'feature', I call a loss of functionality. How is it an 'upgrade' if you lose something you had?
Surely both options could be had.

I couldn't agree more. I especially miss the ability to have the navigation bar showing or not showing depending on which app I am currently using.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Gestures are cool, but still a gimmick.
Definition #5 seems to for you intention.

I agree. When I call a feature a gimmick, it's usually because it only works part of the time, or it's buggy. That's not the case with the gestures, it works good.
If something works only part of the time it's not a gimmick it's a bug.

Attachments

• 17118.jpg
    17118.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 15

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry mean't say status bar.
Swipe down from top of screen should give you options to turn things on/off eg: wi-fi,data,speaker etc. On mine a single swipe down show's me 6 options. If you swipe.down again it will show all options that have been added. If the navigation bar button is not there then tap on top right three dot menu - button order - then add to your status bar.
You can also from there add/remove buttons or rearrange to suit.

Those are called QUICK SETTINGS and have been since Jelly Bean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54