The Oversimplification of the Call Drop Issue in Recent Posts

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
lol it wasn't that part that confused me, it was , but mainly b/c I didn't realize it was possessive until after the fact.

That and I screwed up myself w/ Tapatalk, but that's a given. I write so poorly with it...but alas.

Thanks for your contributions :D.

Lol! And thanks for your contributions as well...

Reactions: dmmarck

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't feel the need to apologize.
I had 4 of these and they all had problems I couldn't live with.
However I would like an apology from Samsung for lacking any kind of QC. Watching Nokia commercials about "beta test phones" is funny and sad at the same time because I waited and drooled over GN for months and got a lemon in the end.
And then I got Maxx that I didn't wait for didn't even consider, simply got it out of exhaustion of replacing Nexus after Nexus and the damn thing is flawless.

Last edited:

jaguar10301

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
my GN probably dropped it's first call today, i had it months and was inside a building that had no service. You can't blame a phone for dropping calls when you use it in an area your network doesn't cover well.

Reading some more of this thread and other threads am I really the only person who's had zero problems with his GN and loves this phone?

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought the phone on release day and have never had a dropped call.
Yours is probably made in Korea then. All 4 of mine were from China. I heard the ones from Samsung's motherland are better but were only available at launch.
Apple and Motorola can make quality products in China, why can't Samsung

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a dropped call... unless I was talking to someone on AT&T.

No issues with voice at all, just data. Now, not even that.

I know it's unpopular, and you shouldn't HAVE to do it to make your device "just work", yada yada yada.... but these Nexii are quite beastly on a ROM with a good kernel.

I waited the longest to do it on this device because it was a Nexus, but I knew I'd do it eventually anyway. I always have. Super pleased now, just like I ALWAYS am after tweaking my devices.

There are a lot of friendly, helpful peeps in here too if anyone decides to go that route. A word of caution however... it is VERY addicting. Some would liken it to crack :eek: ;)

*customized tapatalk signature*

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yours is probably made in Korea then. All 4 of mine were from China. I heard the ones from Samsung's motherland are better but were only available at launch.
Apple and Motorola can make quality products in China, why can't Samsung

All four of my devices have been made in Korea.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
my GN probably dropped it's first call today, i had it months and was inside a building that had no service. You can't blame a phone for dropping calls when you use it in an area your network doesn't cover well.

Reading some more of this thread and other threads am I really the only person who's had zero problems with his GN and loves this phone?

I've had zero problems

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Also...I just thought of something today. In some cases...it might not be that X phone is so so as a phone...it might just be that Y phone is above average as a phone. If thats the case...X phone might not be too bad.

I made this comment for a reason. I wont speak on it until I get a few weeks under my belt with Rezound #2. First got stolen, was on the verge of taking it back to exchange the phone or sim card.

Ok....its not exactly 2 weeks but its close enough...lol.

2nd Rezound...new sim card....same issues as the first:

Call volume gets real low on calls and I have headphones on. It happens randomly...but enough to be annoying.
Its gets stuck in 1x or has no data and I have to reboot it to get it back.
Noise cancellation isnt too good. Found this out riding public transportation, the back of the bus ppl have a hard time hearing me.

I'm not comparing it to a G Nex...I'm comparing it to my RAZR. I posted what I quoted for a reason: If another phone is better in a few areas....it doesnt necessarily mean others phones suck. Its just that in those couple of areas another phone or phones is just better than normal.

No phone is the best in every area. We have yet to see that device built. Whatever phone you have....if its working fine for you...thats all that matters. Since we dont use our phones the exact same...and dont all live and hang out in the same area....some of us will have different experiences.

I see posts here n there about the Rezound having better reception than the RAZR or Maxx. Maybe they mean faster speeds? If so than yea...my Rezound does put up faster speeds than my RAZR. My G Nex did too if they were all in good to great reception areas. They both have newer LTE tech than the RAZR and Maxx. So they should. The RAZR and Maxx LTE tech...the speed is capped lower.

I measure, test and compare reception in weak areas...since being in a good to great area....you shouldnt see too many reception issues.

And in all honestly...I dont know which was more annoying...my Rezound or G Nex. My G Nex never got stuck in 1x, and it didnt lose data that much. And if it did...a toggle got it back...like on my RAZR. I never had to reboot them to get it back like my 2 Rezounds. My G Nex just didnt see 4G in places my RAZR and Rezounds did. Either these phone manufactures need better quality control...or Verizon needs better quality control for their sim cards.

Find the least annoying phone....for you.....and you should be fine. For me thats the RAZR. For some its the G Nex, for some its the Rezound, for some its the Bionic. And...I am thinking hard about getting rid of my Rezound and either getting a G Nex or Bionic IF no new phones on Verizon get my attention. I'm at the point I dont use it anymore. Once the same issues popped back up...it was over....

I have a 2 phone limit when it comes to issues. Those who went thru 2+....more power to ya...lol.