The Rumor Touch Brought Back By VM

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
no but there are several radio java apps that work..or did at the time. dont ask me to name them,been so long i can't recall exactly what they were. but i do recall listening to a few local stations. didnt use it long,was sorta novelty to me.

Thank you man.

I've been thinking hard about my smartphone usage, and I've come to realize a few things consistently:

1. I don't use any processor intensive apps.

My main apps are browser, Google maps, and Tapatalk. Those are the big 3. And I've since realized that Google has REALLY good mobile versions of all their services (Gmail, maps, YouTube).

2. Battery life is probably my main irk with my smartphone.

3. No matter how good your hardware, bad coverage area can make lots of problems. Conversely, a "low end" phone used in a high coverage area can be a passable experience.

These 3 things have made me realize that I don't need a high powered smartphone. In fact, I may not even need a smartphone at all ( since Maps, Gmail, and some forums can be accessed in the browser).

All I need in a phone really is: call/mms, Opera browser, FM radio, and a good coverage area.

I am seriously considering ditching Android in favor of something inexpensive and lightweight. In fact, with my core usage, I don't see why I really need anything other than a good 600 mhz processor and Froyo. I don't need a powerful mobile computer, that is something hyped by Google and Apple.

Also looking into open hardware, open source phones such as the Geeksphone zero. ZTE Blade looks cool but it's mainly international.

So that's why I'm asking about FM Radio, going to experiment with some embedded phones. Think I can create a comparable experience and leave the hype behind, which suits me just fine :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I remember when I had this phone. Still have it actually, as a backup for my V. It was great, I had like 50 awesome apps, until the reboots. Oh, the reboots. It would reboot randomly every day, 10-15 times, whether I was doing something processor intensive or it was just idle. I kept a list, so u could read it off to VM. They did the standard "Battery out for 20 mins, we'll call you back..." and never got a call back. I went out and bought the V and never went back :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I remember when I had this phone. Still have it actually, as a backup for my V. It was great, I had like 50 awesome apps, until the reboots. Oh, the reboots. It would reboot randomly every day, 10-15 times, whether I was doing something processor intensive or it was just idle. I kept a list, so u could read it off to VM. They did the standard "Battery out for 20 mins, we'll call you back..." and never got a call back. I went out and bought the V and never went back :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

This was a fun brick of a phone. I remember trying the app install walkthrough by danatheteacher on hubpages and was so happy when it worked. I still think the touchscreen was really wonky though, idk maybe I abused it too much. Also isn't VM customer service just the best? :p

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
This was a fun brick of a phone. I remember trying the app install walkthrough by danatheteacher on hubpages and was so happy when it worked. I still think the touchscreen was really wonky though, idk maybe I abused it too much. Also isn't VM customer service just the best? :p

now ill tell you a bad vm phone... the rumor 2,man that phone sucked lol (now mind uou i sau that based on it not being open to use your own apps,etc..so my review is slanted lol)

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I was going to get the rumor 2 but settled on the touch instead. It was quite the upgrade from my UT starcomm Shuttle I had at the time :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Super_kali13