The Tempered Glass for the Note 3. Warning, kinda long.. :)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the link to that screen protector. I just bought one. Awesome!

In about 4 or 5 days, we are going to have a lot of reports on this clone that for sure!! :)

Like I said, none of the fancy packing just the plain glass, cloth and a sticker telling you what side is the adhesive side..

Netguysc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I too purchased both the chinese version (didn't read post well) and another knockoff version for $7.99( didn't think the op would reply as quickly as he did). Anyway I believe the op made several ebay sellers happy with his post and hopefully many buyers too. 😊

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I think I did. :)

My first choice was the Spigen, top of the line..When I had a problem with the Spigen, I looked for support, it wasn't there. So, I go looking for the next in line, like the one you have and a couple others that are mentioned, all of them in the bottom 20 to 30+ dollar range. However, looking for them, I ran across this Clone for $7.50 and $8.50(USA Seller) Reading the description, I said I got to try this. When the Clone arrived, it EXCEEDED my expectations. In addition, I am still in "try" mode.. If this Clone has any HI-CUPS whatsoever, it will be ditched. After all, I have a $700+ phone, I want it protected.. In fact, my Note 3 is so protected right now, I can put in the case I carry, and throw it off a 2 story building, and 99.9% sure nothing would happen to it..

My Note 3 is protected by the Clone Tempered Glass, a Spigen Bounce Case, and another case that cost $6. I think I am very wise.. :D

May I watch as you do that test where you throw it off a 2-story building? Please?

from a '14 Note 10.1

Last edited:

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
May I watch as you do that test where throw it off a 2-story building? Please?

from a '14 Note 10.1

That would be a good one.. But, my Note 3 is in 2 good cheap cases.. The Spigen Bounce, and the cheap Hong Kong wallet type case. I am almost ready to bet that these two cases would protect it in a 2 story fall to concrete..:)

Amazon.com: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case Protective [BOUNCE] [Black] Premium Soft TPU Case for Galaxy Note III - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Black (SGP10443): Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: XXXL Leather Pouch for Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 will FIT w/ Otterbox Commuter on Super XXL Horizontal: Cell Phones & Accessories

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Spigen has Great products but the worst customer support!!!

Amen, at least when purchased via Amazon. When I ordered my Neo Hybrid it was taking 6 days to get emails answered, they lied about my original ship dates, and it showed up 10 days later....all without a valid tracking number.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered the tempered glass for my Note 3 from ebay also. If it works and looks great, then I will purchase another for my S4.

I also ordered the Neo Hybrids form Spigen for the Note 3 and S4 and arrival dates are from this Friday to next Wednesday. We'll see what happens. I'm not liking the negative feedback on Spigen....I usually go with Otterbox...but I'm afraid that it will make the phone as big and heavy as a solid brick.

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
How do you like the Spigen Bounce case..? I ordered one and it will be here today. I had a simple TPU on my S3 and Loved it. I don't need much, just want it to feel comfortable, and that it can handle a fall.

Have an Xtreme Guard coming that I paid less than $2 for to cover my screen...

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the Mine Ghost Glass on my Note 3. Just order the one the OP mentions. I want to see if there is any difference.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
How do you like the Spigen Bounce case..? I ordered one and it will be here today. I had a simple TPU on my S3 and Loved it. I don't need much, just want it to feel comfortable, and that it can handle a fall.

Have an Xtreme Guard coming that I paid less than $2 for to cover my screen...

Really liking the Spigen Bounce case. I mentioned to another user that my Note 3 is so protected that I can drop it out a 2 story window on concrete and it will come out safe!! :)
I carry my Note 3, double cased.. I have the Bounce, and I put that in the cheap Hong Kong wallet type case. Bounce case was $10, Hong Kong Case was $5 Temp Glass $8.55, so here is the whole $23.55 unit.. :)

bon1.jpg

bounce72.jpg

bounce73.jpg

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Really liking the Spigen Bounce case. I mentioned to another user that my Note 3 is so protected that I can drop it out a 2 story window on concrete and it will come out safe!! :)
I carry my Note 3, double cased.. I have the Bounce, and I put that in the cheap Hong Kong wallet type case. Bounce case was $10, Hong Kong Case was $5 Temp Glass $8.55, so here is the whole $23.55 unit.. :)

http://www.cehoward.net/bon1.jpg

http://www.cehoward.net/bounce72.jpg

http://www.cehoward.net/bounce73.jpg

This is the same way in which I protect my 3 except that I'm just using a slate Spigen Neo Hybrid and a black "Hong Kong" wallet type case. I'm very satisfied by the level of protection.

from a '14 Note 10.1

fasnic

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

http://www.cehoward.net/bon1.jpg

http://www.cehoward.net/bounce72.jpg

http://www.cehoward.net/bounce73.jpg

Thanks. Good to know. I like the look of that case, and Hoping I like the feel.

lol... That's some extreme protection. I had an S3 and Note 2, only with a TPU style case on each, along with a screen protector, never had any issues. Can't blame you for being safe though.

perithimus

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I just got my clone glass screen protector in from ebay. Other that a small part of the top left corner not staying on, it's not bad. I will give it a few days and maybe the corner will stick. otherwise it's nice.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a link to the brown Hong Kong case? (there was another Amazon one posted but it looked like a different black pouch...).

Just ordered the clone tempered glass via US shipper from ebay and have this bumper on the way: Amazon.com: Bear Motion for Galaxy Note 3 - Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks for the posts and links!

Here you go, the brown.. I really like this one too. Been using it oppose to the black for the last couple days..

Amazon.com: Luxmo Brown Horizontal Leather Pouch Holster Case with Belt Clip and Loops / Magnetic Closure for Samsung Galaxy Note i717 / i9220 / Note 2: Cell Phones & Accessories

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Good to know. I like the look of that case, and Hoping I like the feel.

lol... That's some extreme protection. I had an S3 and Note 2, only with a TPU style case on each, along with a screen protector, never had any issues. Can't blame you for being safe though.

The reason why I like to be extra safe is because first, I am extremly clumsy, second, I commute on a fast motorcycle, and a fast bicycle. So, I am carrying my Note 3 in bumpy conditions. The cheap double cases are more than up to the job.

Now, on my motorcycle, I carry a magnetic tank bag, I was wondering does the magnet have any affect on the Note 3? Lately, I have been carrying the Note 3 double case, but in the tail section compartment of my motorcycle..No problems..

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a link to the brown Hong Kong case? (there was another Amazon one posted but it looked like a different black pouch...).

Just ordered the clone tempered glass via US shipper from ebay and have this bumper on the way: Amazon.com: Bear Motion for Galaxy Note 3 - Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks for the posts and links!

Just ordered one of the ring protectors. This is exactly what I have been looking for as I think the original back of the Note 3 is perfect in style, design, and tactile surface.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Customer support could have found out if I had a defective one, or I installed it wrong. I am not ruling out that I installed it wrong. But, I need some help from the company, and they are at least 2 days away from an EMAIL RESPONSE. Don't know how they are making money that way. Also, if the bounce case grabbed around the edges and held the glass in place like the rubber one, I would still have the Spigen and be a happy camper. But, for the same maker's case not hold the glass, that was a little too much.. The clone comes almost with the bare glass. No fancy wrapper, no instructions, just the Tempered Glass in a cellophane wrapper, with a sticker telling you which side is the adhesive and a backing on the adhesive side.. Along with a dry cloth.. All that was inside a small USPS priority but the pritority was wrapped and had a first class label. Shucks, the shipping was free...

The Clone Glass is spotless, and I took it through its paces with Note 3's stylus.. Everything works..and it is just as clear as the Spigen.. Oh, and no little thingee for the home button. Don't need it, the home button works through the glass with no problem...

http://ebaypa.com/albums/20120003/sku099664.jpg

I have just ordered one of these glass screen protectors after a similar Spiegen fiasco in the original post here. I agree, the recessed home button is not only functional but also protected without the need for a stick on button cover.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
When I was at sprint store Friday getting my gear, all the reps were sporting note 3 's. I told them they need to go temperd glass screen protector and showed them mine.. They had to look twice and closely because they couldn't tell it was even there. MEMI ROCKS

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

tanasaprano

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
The only Memi I can find seems to be a U.K. based electronics retailer and they don't have any glass screen protectors for the Note 3 that I could find.

Do you mean Mime? As in the Mime Ghost glass screen protector for the Note 3? Sorry, but I kept seeing Memi and I was wondering if that was something different from Mime. Please clear this up for me.

Regards,
Pat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH