The verge Nexus 5 review

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
do yourself a favor and turn off the audio. then just WATCH the video and draw your own conclusions...

I have. Anyone can get a camera to perform in a certain way when they've already decided what the outcome is going to be.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Because they use both platforms. The guy that wrote the review prefers android, which shoots a hole in the theory that he's biased for apple.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anything but praise for all Android phones must mean they love Apple. lol

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
after a while I simply expected the phone to produce bad results. Side by side with almost any other flagship phone, its camera doesn’t hold up.
LOL...every comparison I have seen with actual photos says this is wrong. I am still waiting for someone to post a comparison that shows what this guy is claiming.

In that video, the iPhone clearly is not as good in many areas. The only area I saw where the iPhone is obviously better is in flash photos. In every other area, from the actual examples I have seen so far, the Nexus 5 is as good or better.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Strange how different people read things differently: the Verge review (not the video) seemed very positive to me.
Ditto. They liked the phone from what I saw.

"Low light performance isn’t exactly poor, but getting it to snap the picture you want at the moment you want will drive you absolutely nuts."

"Let me just reiterate this point: in the right light, with a steady hand and no moving (or slow-moving) subjects, the camera can take excellent photos."

"It’s actually really upsetting because it suggests the Nexus 5 is capable of so much more — particularly with macro shots."

Their main issues with it seems to be the camera app, not the hardware. And they are right. Every area got an 8 or higher on their scores...the exceptions being battery and camera. And all of their complaints about the camera were software based.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d