Solved There is no "allow unknown sources" option under security, where is it

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone is the LG V40 ThinQ

so i am developer in training right now and to test some things i need to install apps from other websites. On multiple websites it gives the directions to do this: "Settings – Personal – Lock screen and security and select Unknown sources."

When i am under security there isn't even an option. Where could it be i really need this

Solution

so i am developer in training right now and to test some things i need to install apps from other websites. On multiple websites it gives the directions to do this: "Settings – Personal – Lock screen and security and select Unknown sources."

When i am under security there isn't even an option. Where could it be i really need this

Try Settings>Apps and Notifications>Special Access>Install other apps. You'll have to enable it for each app that you want to use the permission. eg: If you want Chrome to have access to it, you'll find within the Chrome icon under "Install Unknown Apps".

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site

Try Settings>Apps and Notifications>Special Access>Install other apps. You'll have to enable it for each app that you want to use the permission. eg: If you want Chrome to have access to it, you'll find within the Chrome icon under "Install Unknown Apps".

Solution

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm