There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Bennnn,
Why is the phone delayed so much?

LTE Hand Off Issue's, The Network not being able to handle a data call yet, battery issue's. Half of your Network team working on old network for fruit. I'm sure there could be others that we dont know about.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So as it is now all TB network/hardware/software issues are resolved? Is the TB ready to be released now?

Or is there a chance for an April slip too?

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Bennnn,
Why is the phone delayed so much?

Let's see, my guess would be LTE not ready, battery life, Skype Mobile not working correctly, Iphone launch, Ipad 2 launch, and I'm sure a few other I didn't mention.

Technically, it was never "delayed". March 17th was the original launch date. But in our minds, it was delayed because we are here wasting time talking about it day and night. For the average Joe, they would not have a clue.

am4966

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
So as it is now all TB network/hardware/software issues are resolved? Is the TB ready to be released now?

Or is there a chance for an April slip too?

Until the Phone is Announced then there is always a chance for a slip. But Bennnnn is saying the 17th, BMX reconfirmed today via tweet and we know that both work for Big Red.

Stuff happens

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
And the Best Buy stores were given a go ahead to pre- order. I don't think they made that date up.

So the question is, are all of those issues now resolved? If not, then the 17 really doesn't mean anything.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I'm glad its not coming out this week. I have Jury Duty and I won't be able to keep up with it as I could when I'm working. hahaha

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
And the Best Buy stores were given a go ahead to pre- order. I don't think they made that date up.

So the question is, are all of those issues now resolved? If not, then the 17 really doesn't mean anything.

Like Bennn said, VZW tried to release it in February - and apparently told Best Buy the same thing - but were not able to resolve the problems surrounding the phone on time.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Again, are those issues all resolved now? If not, the 17th is likely not the release date either.

If yes, it's a date to look forward to.

Are the issues resolved?

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Chrisy, all of a sudden you changed from optimistic to pessimistic!!! ????

It's a question. If Bennn and BMX know the release dates, they must know if what's causing these delays are resolved or not.

If we know it's still not fixed we know we can't count on the 17.

I just want to set my expectations appropriately.

micoyote1

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys I've been pretty busy with family stuff this weekend, but I'll try to be on later tonight to answer questions.

Just to clarify for all those who are confused, I'll try to explain this situation to the best of my knowledge:

Well before CES was even hosted, Verizon had an official hard launch date of March 17th for the HTC Thunderbolt. As more phones were being announced and pushed onto the market that rivaled the Thunderbolt, Verizon scheduled an early push for this phone, February 14th. Due to arising problems with battery life on 4G LTE services, this initial early push date was missed and rescheduled for a later date, March 10th. Today we were informed that this phone was not completely ready for a launch date as early as March 10th, and cancelled all early launch plans, reverting back to the initial date of March 17th.

Hope this clears up some questions.

EDIT: Delay has nothing to do with the iPad. They are two separate device categories.

So if I understand this right.... all this push back is due to battery life on the phone with LTE4? How many months has vzw had this phone and they are still working on a battery problem...you would think that would be something they tested early on and addressed knowing these smart phones are battery hogs...yet here we are today...what gives here?

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually more curious than anything now! I'd love to know what's going on behind the scenes!

March 31st, Droid X. :)

You'll actually have to BE behind the scene yourself to actually know what is going on. Since we are on the outside, we all have to depend on hearsay and you know what that is like.

Reactions: ameyer6405
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend