There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm still hoping for the 10th as much as before. When that passes, the 17th.

We really need a date in April now! Usually we have at least 3 dates to look forward to be disappointed on!

I'll only believe an official date from VZW.

And after every rumored date that passes, we will be singing this song.

Atrav

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. The view from an outsider seems to be that if a fly lands on the notebook page the jot the release date on, they feel the need to change it. Now they are going to announce on one "holiday" and release on another? This will change. By Monday.
Why not release the info on a Monday rather than on a Tuesday? Maybe since I don't work in sales I don't know any better but it makes absoluetly no sense to me. Maybe they may have a meeting to to finalize everything on Monday and make a press release on Tuesday? Who #$%@ing knows with Verizon.

But I know one thing I will be severely drunk this Tuesday for Mardi Gras.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So can I assume that when we say we'll be getting grandfathered into unlimited data at $30/mo, that includes unlimited 4G LTE as well?

I'd say you could assume that, but you know what they say about someone that assumes something....

Like everything else you really need to wait until they actually release the device and tell us what is going on at that time... then anyone that gets that device at that time should be grandfathered into whatever they signed a contract for and if that provider does not honor that contract you can legally not honor that contract and leave without ETF.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Why not release the info on a Monday rather than on a Tuesday? Maybe since I don't work in sales I don't know any better but it makes absoluetly no sense to me. Maybe they may have a meeting to to finalize everything on Monday and make a press release on Tuesday? Who #$%@ing knows with Verizon.

But I know one thing I will be severely drunk this Tuesday for Mardi Gras.

Verizon normally releases the announcements on Tuesdays and devices on Thursdays. Just the track record they have.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I'd say you could assume that, but you know what they say about someone that assumes something....

Like everything else you really need to wait until they actually release the device and tell us what is going on at that time... then anyone that gets that device at that time should be grandfathered into whatever they signed a contract for and if that provider does not honor that contract you can legally not honor that contract and leave without ETF.

From my understanding, data is viewed as a feature and not linked to the contract so they could in fact change it.

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon normally releases the announcements on Tuesdays and devices on Thursdays. Just the track record they have.

Incredible was announced the 15th last year in April, and didn't ship until the 29th

Pre-orders started the 19th, but those pre-orders arrived 3 days before the 29th, atleast mine and many others did

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Some devices require a data contract, but maybe Verizon is different since I've not had one with a smartphone yet.

You have to have data on the phone but it isn't part of the contract as you can activate a dumb phone on the line and drop the data all together. I'm sure you could use the "adverse effect" clause if they changed it kind of like they did when they changed per message rates on texting a while back if they did decide to change people up in the middle of a contract but I doubt they're brave enough to do that.

Atrav

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
VZW didn't know about the iPad release? And the release is now due to timing, why can't they just set it and announce it?
No way in the world they did not know about the iPad's 2 release date. They knew about it months ago. As much as an Apple fan I am (I own a mac book pro and iMac plus several other Apple products) I hate how Verizon is placing Apple on a pedestal and forgetting everything else. I know it's about $$$$ but give me a break. I bet more Thunderbolts will outsell Ipads 2 on their launch dates.

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
No way in the world they did not know about the iPad's 2 release date. They knew about it months ago. As much as an Apple fan I am (I own a mac book pro and iMac plus several other Apple products) I hate how Verizon is placing Apple on a pedestal and forgetting everything else. I know it's about $$$$ but give me a break. I bet more Thunderbolts will outsell Ipads 2 on their launch dates.

I don't think it will be right to compare a tablet sales with a phone sales.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Incredible was announced the 15th last year in April, and didn't ship until the 29th

Pre-orders started the 19th, but those pre-orders arrived 3 days before the 29th, atleast mine and many others did

But wasn't the incredible another cluster F by Verizon? I was still on Blackberry back then so I didn't follow, but I heard it was almost as bad as the TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milaco