There's got to be a way to fix the contact pictures

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I linked my E3D to Facebook to obtain some pictures but my god, they are basically blurry blocks. Is there a way to fix this?

Menu
People
Choose a contact
Scroll down to edit contact
Click the drop down menu next to the picture
Choose what source you want the picture to come from
Click drop down menu next to contact name and choose same source as previous step
Save

It should stick. In the previous version of Sense it would sometimes revert but I haven't had it do so in the 2 weeks I've had my E3D. If your contacts aren't in your Google contacts, you're stuck with the Facebook pics.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Why this happens is because when you link your account to google they save your contact pictures in the cloud. When they do this they convert them to some standard size to save space on their end. Someone really needs to tell Google to step up the resolution that they are resizing to and/or provide native resolution support.

Pookela

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I linked my E3D to Facebook to obtain some pictures but my god, they are basically blurry blocks. Is there a way to fix this?
If you sync with the Android Facebook app, the pics come out blurry. But if you sync with Facebook For HTC Sense instead, the pics come out MUCH better.

mitchd14

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I read in another post somewhere that you need to delete the contact and then make a new one, but this time, you need to not link it to google and instead at the top of new contact, choose contact type "phone." that way it will not resize to google. unfortunately, the contact will not be linked to google should you need that. This technique works.