These could be the specs for LG Nexus (2015)

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
that's what it sounds like ... that and a 2700 battery. 2015 just isn't a good year for smart phones, it's that simple. bad processors and small batteries. if true, there's no way I'm buying one this year. at least next year I'll have an opportunity to check out the 820 ... even though I don't expect a change in this horrific thin phone/small battery trend we're in that seems like so few people actually prefer.

and without an SD slot, 32MB won't cut it. disappointing to say the least.

I have to agree with you. I'll be very disappointed if these are the actual specs (still deluding myself that they may not be.) I don't need a "flagship" total beast, but I definitely want something that's a bit more of a step up from my 2 year old G2; and the 2700 mAh battery is actually smaller.

I'm hopeful about the battery saving features touted in 6.0, but I've been so disappointed in the huge hit my battery took after the Lollipop upgrade, that I don't know if I'm willing to take the gamble that software will make up the difference, even if it does initially (my G2's battery life was incredible until the 2015 OS "upgrade"). And, unless there's an SD slot, 32GB just isn't enough for me. I've lived with that also for the past 2 years, and it just doesn't cut it for my needs.

Too bad; I've really been looking forward to this phone. Still, it's early, and the leaked specs have been all over the map so far, so who knows ..., another day more new specs.

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with you. I'll be very disappointed if these are the actual specs (still deluding myself that they may not be.) I don't need a "flagship" total beast, but I definitely want something that's a bit more of a stip up from my 2 year old G2; and the 2700 mAh battery is actually smaller.

I'm hopeful about the battery saving features touted in 6.0, but I've been so disappointed in the huge hit my battery took after the Lollipop upgrade, that I don't know if I'm willing to take the gamble that software will make up the difference, even if it does initially (my G2's battery life was incredible until the 2015 OS "upgrade"). And, unless there's an SD slot, 32GB just isn't enough for me. I've lived with that also for the past 2 years, and it just doesn't cut it for my needs.

Too bad; I've really been looking forward to this phone. Still, it's early, and the leaked specs have been all over the map so far, so who knows ..., another day more new specs.

I just looked at the spec sheet on the G2, it's remarkably similar to these Nexus 5 leaks ... definitely not worth it IMO ... it'd be purely for software (nothing wrong with that, that's huge for me) but in terms of the spec sheet, you'd think we'd see bigger improvements in addition to the newer features.

and yeah, tmrw might bring new leaks, but I have a bad feeling. I was looking forward to this phone, and I can compromise a ton. but the combination of 2700 and 32GB with no SD just isn't gonna cut it, not if it's close to $500 that's for sure.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
There definitely won't be an SD card slot. It's not Google's style. They want you to use the 'cloud' services; Google Drive, Google Play Music etc.

Android 6.0 'Doze' feature is mainly aimed at improving standby longevity. It won't do much for improving battery endurance under heavy use.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
There definitely won't be an SD card slot. It's not Google's style. They want you to use the 'cloud' services; Google Drive, Google Play Music etc.

Android 6.0 'Doze' feature is mainly aimed at improving standby longevity. It won't do much for improving battery endurance under heavy use.

reminds me of the Nexus 4 release, when they offered only 8/16 ... I'll have to make a decision BT stock and battery, cause apparently you can't find both.

this moto bounce sounds interesting. it'll most likely be the turbo 2 in the US ... I'll such it up and deal with the minimal bloat and VZ branding before I buy a 2700 32 GB phone.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
There could always be a 64GB version. I wouldn't be surprised at all. In fact, I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

The existence of the Bounce is really annoying me. I picked the Play over the Style purely for battery life (well, cost too, but mainly battery life) and now there's already rumours of a Moto phone with a bigger battery? Ugh.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
There could always be a 64GB version. I wouldn't be surprised at all. In fact, I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

The existence of the Bounce is really annoying me. I picked the Play over the Style purely for battery life (well, cost too, but mainly battery life) and now there's already rumours of a Moto phone with a bigger battery? Ugh.

I'll take these rumors with a grain of salt. I'm home sick today, pretty bored, very edgy and these rumors have me scratching my head.

yeah I saw your posts over on the play forums. I wouldn't be to upset though, as you know there's always something better around the corner ... though only a few months down the road I'd be a little upset to.

I typically wait 2-3 months after launch for those exact reasons.

on the bright side, at least you have access to the bounce and play, cause in the US they come rebranded by Verizon with their ugly branding and bloat!

MacroPlanet

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
We're hearing a lot about the Nexus 5 (2015), however the other side has been kind of quiet lately. It makes me wonder if they will even release on the same day which is kind of odd.

Plus, I would love to hear more about the camera these new phones are packing.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
We're hearing a lot about the Nexus 5 (2015), however the other side has been kind of quiet lately. It makes me wonder if they will even release on the same day which is kind of odd.

Plus, I would love to hear more about the camera these new phones are packing.

Being that Google doesn't use all the fancy proprietary imaging processing software on Nexus devices that most of the other flagship to use, it leads me to believe that no matter how good the sensor is, the image quality will probably be close to what other Nexus devices have been in the past, average at best.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Being that Google doesn't use all the fancy proprietary imaging processing software on Nexus devices that most of the other flagship to use, it leads me to believe that no matter how good the sensor is, the image quality will probably be close to what other Nexus devices have been in the past, average at best.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

totally agree ... I'm probably thinking too hard (or maybe not hard enough) but I'd think Google wants nexus to be more mainstream with the introduction of Fi. maybe it's too early in the process, but assuming that's their goal, I'd think they'd use more resources to ensure a more competitive camera.

that said, I agree. nexus has never had a higher end camera, and I don't expect there to be any difference with either version this year.

I think Google is comfortable with their niche, as unfortunate as it may be. seems like they're going back to nexus 4 and 5, by offering a solid phone at a great price, with stock and updates being it's main selling feature.

personally, I wish they would do a little more since this space has so few options. maybe other OEMs will follow Moto though, and we'll have more choice moving forward.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
the closer we get to launch, the more skeptical I am that both the LG and Hauwei version will have small batteries. I just think if we were gonna finally get a decent sized battery, that information would've leaked by now. I'm hoping for 3300/3800+ but expecting 2700/3300. we shall see!!

Exactly my thoughts.. This would be a bad idea..

SmogHog

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Great lens,great sensor and great photographer = great digital photos

Change one of the above and results may be less than stellar.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
5.2 inch QHD display
3gb ram
Not good not good
I would have preferred 4.7 inch 720p display and 4gb ram.
I prefer 1080p .... interested to find out which processor and battery they go with.
I prefer 720p. You got a problem?
3 gb ram. Only 13 mp camera.... uninspired.
Yeah it should have been 4gb because android is a ram hungry bloated beast.
As for camera even 8MP is good if quality is good. Its all about the quality not the megapixels.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz