These could be the specs for LG Nexus (2015)

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I respect your opinion, and trust me I'm not judging, but that seems crazy to me. the processor is there to support the features and specs, and if the rumored ones are true, the 808 is more than capable of supporting this years Nexus. I'd understand if it was the 810, but the 808? I doubt you would even notice the difference BT that and the new 820.

I'm not a chip expert so it's good to learn more about how much better each chip is to the other. That's why I was thinking 808 isn't too far from the 800 on the current Nexus but I guess I'm wrong lol. Now are you happy if it's 3 gb ram? Would you want more for this device?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a chip expert so it's good to learn more about how much better each chip is to the other. That's why I was thinking 808 isn't too far from the 800 on the current Nexus but I guess I'm wrong lol. Now are you happy if it's 3 gb ram? Would you want more for this device?

LG G4 has the 808 so it'll be more than sufficient for the LG Nexus, and the power consumption will be less so it'll be more efficient.

Qualcomm also released a 620 which could possibly be used and has received positive reviews thus far. Personally, I wouldn't mind either, though I'd probably prefer the 620 IF it's as good as advertised.

3GB RAM is MORE than enough. I'm not a big spec guy, but a few years ago i was. We've reached that plateau where optimization and efficiency is much more important.

You've probably heard the saying "the sum is greater than the parts." I think the Nexus, and to be fair, the iPhone, are great examples of that.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
LG G4 has the 808 so it'll be more than sufficient for the LG Nexus, and the power consumption will be less so it'll be more efficient.

Qualcomm also released a 620 which could possibly be used and has received positive reviews this far.

3GB RAM is MORE than enough. I'm not a big spec guy, but a few years ago i was. We've reached that plateau where optimization and efficiency is much more important.

You've probably heard the saying "the sum is greater than the parts." I think the Nexus, and to be fair, the iPhone, are great examples of that.

Awesome. Makes me feel better. I appreciate you explaining all that for me.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Qualcomm also released a 620 which could possibly be used and has received positive reviews thus far. Personally, I wouldn't mind either, though I'd probably prefer the 620 IF it's as good as advertised.

The 620 is pretty good. Single-core performance is stronger than both the 810 and Exynos 7420.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I always have my Canon point and shoot camera with me when I am out and about. I either keep it in my car or on my motorcycle. They take such better pictures than any phone camera. The reason why people don't realize that is because they've stopped using them so much because your phone is more convenient. But, when you look at the pictures side by side there is just no comparison. My Canon point and shoot takes pictures way better than any cell phone camera ever could. Especially in lower light and when things are moving quickly.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

I have my Sony a6000 mirrorless for serious photography.

Though I've been using it less and less ever since I've got my G4.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So far the most reliable to leak Nexus 5 was @Onleaks, so I say we should go with that man in terms of what we can expect.

Wish he could confirm specs.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So far the most reliable to leak Nexus 5 was @Onleaks, so I say we should go with that man in terms of what we can expect.

This is an interesting statement... I'm not really sure I would trust anyone's LEAKED comments over another, until will really know the specs.

And even if he confirms the specs, it's not real until Google or LG releases the device.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

He won't be able to confirm specs or release info etc... He gets the schematics or whatever their called from Foxconn and makes a render based on what he receives. I don't think he is in the specs leak game. We have to go to others for that.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
He won't be able to confirm specs or release info etc... He gets the schematics or whatever their called from Foxconn and makes a render based on what he receives. I don't think he is in the specs leak game. We have to go to others for that.

True,

Completely forgot about that. But anyhow the Nexus 5 is shaping up to be a great phone, and soon we're gonna know more..

I'm just curious if it's LG or Huawei to make the bigger version.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Ah alright.

So the leaks of the Huawei one with the black bar near camera are true?

Meh..

they're not 100% true until officially released, but I think we've seen enough leaks from reputable sources to at least confirm some specs/features.

not sure which pic you're referring to with the black bar, but they evolved. originally, the bump looked significant and certainly wasn't very aesthetically pleasing. a few days later the render showed that black bar with just a very slight bump, almost not even noticeable, and made it look a lot more appealing.

personally, a small detail like that won't determine my opinion. I like the Nexus brand cause at least in the US, we don't have many quality unlocked, bloat free, non carrier branded options that run stock.

I'm hoping in a year of thin phones and small batteries, Hauwei brings a larger battery to the table, but I'm certainly not holding my breath. an 810 processor combined with a small battery (3300 or less) would be an absolute deal breaker.

the closer we get to launch, the more skeptical I am that both the LG and Hauwei version will have small batteries. I just think if we were gonna finally get a decent sized battery, that information would've leaked by now. I'm hoping for 3300/3800+ but expecting 2700/3300. we shall see!!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Too bad this wasn't in the running for the next nexus device.
http://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_bounce_a_543inch_flagship_with_qhd_screen_s810_chipset-news-13766.php

Posted via the Android Central App

yeah I saw that. looks cool but unfortunately that has VZ turbo written all over it in the US.

basically if you just took that LG, added .2 on the display with a HUGE battery. I could do without the 810, especially this late in the year, but yeah, would've been all over it.

and it's so obvious with these recent 810s being released Qualcomm is practically giving them away. I'm sure it's got small improvements, but I'm not buying their BS, the chip is still dog****.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Motorola is releasing a phone this year with larger battery than my Play? Damn you Motorola, damn you.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 5 (2013)
Snapdragon 800, 2gb RAM, 2300mAh Battery.

Nexus 5 (2015)
Snapdragon 808, 3gb RAM, 2700mAh Battery.

Let's just say that's what it is for the new LG Nexus. That really isn't a HUGE upgrade from my current Nexus 5. Point I made before awhile back is price and battery. I pray it's not like $500+ and definitely hoping for a much bigger battery or I'm going to have to wait another year or pick up something else (which I don't want anything that isn't pure Google nexus)

EDIT: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...splay-3gb-ram-2700mah-battery-usb-c-and-more/
"Speaking of power, the LG-made Nexus will indeed have a type C USB port, but we don't know if it's just a reworked USB2.0 configuration or an actual USB3 device."

So by rumors, the new type C could just be a reworked USB and not the actual new USB3?!

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 5 (2013)
Snapdragon 800, 2gb RAM, 2300mAh Battery.

Nexus 5 (2015)
Snapdragon 808, 3gb RAM, 2700mAh Battery.

Let's just say that's what it is for the new LG Nexus. That really isn't a HUGE upgrade from my current Nexus 5. Point I made before awhile back is price and battery. I pray it's not like $500+ and definitely hoping for a much bigger battery or I'm going to have to wait another year or pick up something else (which I don't want anything that isn't pure Google nexus)

EDIT: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...splay-3gb-ram-2700mah-battery-usb-c-and-more/
"Speaking of power, the LG-made Nexus will indeed have a type C USB port, but we don't know if it's just a reworked USB2.0 configuration or an actual USB3 device."

So by rumors, the new type C could just be a reworked USB and not the actual new USB3?!

that's what it sounds like ... that and a 2700 battery. 2015 just isn't a good year for smart phones, it's that simple. bad processors and small batteries. if true, there's no way I'm buying one this year. at least next year I'll have an opportunity to check out the 820 ... even though I don't expect a change in this horrific thin phone/small battery trend we're in that seems like so few people actually prefer.

and without an SD slot, 32MB won't cut it. disappointing to say the least.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe