These could be the specs for LG Nexus (2015)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
And while we're at it, how come the company uses the English letters "LG" as their official logo? They are a Korean company, are they not, so their symbol should not be written with English characters. You should send them an email, fatboy97. In fact, based on that I'm not confident this is a real company.

By the way, if you go look up their company name, there are Korean symbols for "LG", but they don't use them in the US for some strange reason. They are just hung up on using English, don't know why.

I've traveled to Korea a few times... I don't have any problem with their use of English letters for a company name... many companies do that, and not just in Korea, but in Japan, China and many other countries. I'm NOT writing any letters to LG since I don't believe this is really from LG. LG is a real company by the way... you do know they did make the Nexus 5 and many other Android phones!!!

I lived in korea for 2 years and speak korean near fluently. The characters on that page are not the korean alphabet but Chinese characters.
Also while in korea I never saw LG written in korean. And both LG and Samsung use English in the marketing in Korea.

Posted via the Android Central App

It is interesting that you say this is Chinese... that just lends to this being a fake image... it doesn't look like Android Authority does any fact checking of their own posts.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I've traveled to Korea a few times... I don't have any problem with their use of English letters for a company name... many companies do that, and not just in Korea, but in Japan, China and many other countries. I'm NOT writing any letters to LG since I don't believe this is really from LG. LG is a real company by the way... you do know they did make the Nexus 5 and many other Android phones!!!

It is interesting that you say this is Chinese... that just lends to this being a fake image... it doesn't look like Android Authority does any fact checking of their own posts.
Maybe you're seeing MY point. Fake or not, the fact that 2015 is in English means absolutely nothing. Especially since nearly all places already refer to the phone as the Nexus 5 (2015). So it's part of the name. And as discussed, you don't write half of the phone's name in English and half in another language. But you seem to doubt it because it wasn't written Nexus 5 (insert Korean characters here).

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you're seeing MY point. Fake or not, the fact that 2015 is in English means absolutely nothing. Especially since nearly all places already refer to the phone as the Nexus 5 (2015). So it's part of the name. And as discussed, you don't write half of the phone's name in English and half in another language. But you seem to doubt it because it wasn't written Nexus 5 (insert Korean characters here).

it's just business. it would cost a fortune to rebrand a name in multiple languages, so most company's go with the Western markets ... also, I imagine in Asia it's common and their consumers accept the English lettering. the US wouldn't have the same tolerance.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
As far as specs go, my original moto X has taught me that the highest end specs in the world are not as important as they may have used to have been. When you're running pure Android, you don't need the highest end specs in the world in order to get a great running phone. In fact, because battery life is the most important thing to me, I kind of hope that the CPU and the screen are not the most bleeding-edge spec'd items. It will help battery life a lot, and 1080p on a 5 inch display is plenty! As far as the camera goes, it will never be as good as the highest end phones as no Nexus to this date has had the proprietary software licensed from the companies that do that best.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
As far as specs go, my original moto X has taught me that the highest end specs in the world are not as important as they may have used to have been. When you're running pure Android, you don't need the highest end specs in the world in order to get a great running phone. In fact, because battery life is the most important thing to me, I kind of hope that the CPU and the screen are not the most bleeding-edge spec'd items. It will help battery life a lot, and 1080p on a 5 inch display is plenty! As far as the camera goes, it will never be as good as the highest end phones as no Nexus to this date has had the proprietary software licensed from the companies that do that best.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

good point about the proprietary software ... totally agree with 1080p. no doubt Samsung's displays are amazing, and 1440p looks better. but it's not worth the tradeoff in battery life like you said.

side note: i recently subscribed to some audio/video magazine. one of the bigger topics in the few editions I've read has been smartphone audio. they're working on micro amplifiers, speakers, etc ... sounds amazing

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

I hear you, but I'm starting to have mixed feelings about the 808/810. I want stock android, and REALLY need a new phone by the end of the year. So I either have to settle for an 808/810 on the Nexus or go Samsung for the 7420 and hate the RAM/touchwiz/battery issues.

I just don't want to deal with lag when gaming on whatever phone I get.Conflicted...

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I hear you, but I'm starting to have mixed feelings about the 808/810. I want stock android, and REALLY need a new phone by the end of the year. So I either have to settle for an 808/810 on the Nexus or go Samsung for the 7420 and hate the RAM/touchwiz/battery issues.

I just don't want to deal with lag when gaming on whatever phone I get.Conflicted...

I'm a little upset. I DON'T want to leave the Nexus brand but Idk if I could deal with the 808. It's really not that far from my current Nexus 5. Just don't see it being a huge upgrade but like things are said, this is like a Nexus 5s lol. Same with the Huawei Nexus just being an upgraded Nexus 6. I might have to just wait till next year for a more new refreshed Nexus Idk. Just very undecided.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
It's not like the Nexus 5 really needs to be much quicker in day to day use. It still has no issues playing games, running the Material UI animations etc.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little upset. I DON'T want to leave the Nexus brand but Idk if I could deal with the 808. It's really not that far from my current Nexus 5. Just don't see it being a huge upgrade but like things are said, this is like a Nexus 5s lol. Same with the Huawei Nexus just being an upgraded Nexus 6. I might have to just wait till next year for a more new refreshed Nexus Idk. Just very undecided.

I respect your opinion, and trust me I'm not judging, but that seems crazy to me. the processor is there to support the features and specs, and if the rumored ones are true, the 808 is more than capable of supporting this years Nexus. I'd understand if it was the 810, but the 808? I doubt you would even notice the difference BT that and the new 820.

alex98#AC

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I respect your opinion, and trust me I'm not judging, but that seems crazy to me. the processor is there to support the features and specs, and if the rumored ones are true, the 808 is more than capable of supporting this years Nexus. I'd understand if it was the 810, but the 808? I doubt you would even notice the difference BT that and the new 820.
If the rumors are true, the S808 will be used with a 2k screen. You will get lower perfs than on the Motorola Nexus 6 on some situations (ie : Games).

With a 2k screen, a S810 will do a better job.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not feeling the 2K display. I feel that it's pointless on a 5.2-inch display.

Everything else is fine to me. The 808 is a very capable chipset, though I would have loved to see a 620 since the Cortex A72 inside the 620 is a pretty strong one.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Steve from OnLeaks confirmed it with his source which is encouraging. Of course Even chimed in with his usual immature and useless comment. that dude should worry more about his own sources and less about Steve's ...

A lot of the comments on other sites suggest the bezel is too large which I just don't get. I love the minimalist design and I think it looks great!

in other news: the iPhone 6s reportedly revealed a smaller battery then the 6. I read through the comment section on 9 to 5 mac and one thing we all have in common is our disdain for thin phones and small batteries.

a lot of the commenters actually said they're jumping to the Note 5. I was surprised to see my mother in law with an S6 today, she had been a life long iPhone user but said she was just sick of it. the display and premium build won her over. I told her about nova and her head looked like it was gonna explode so I backed off! my own mom is getting one too now .... I love seeing converts!

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Not when you take into account that cell phone cameras have replaced point and shoot cameras for the most part. i can't remember that last time I saw one in use.

13mp is plenty, especially for a cell phone. Keep in mind the iPhone 6 has 8mp and is considered one of the best. most complaints about cell cameras are actually about the software, not the hardware (but not everyone realizes this).

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Not when you take into account that cell phone cameras have replaced point and shoot cameras for the most part. i can't remember that last time I saw one in use.

I always have my Canon point and shoot camera with me when I am out and about. I either keep it in my car or on my motorcycle. They take such better pictures than any phone camera. The reason why people don't realize that is because they've stopped using them so much because your phone is more convenient. But, when you look at the pictures side by side there is just no comparison. My Canon point and shoot takes pictures way better than any cell phone camera ever could. Especially in lower light and when things are moving quickly.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I always have my Canon point and shoot camera with me when I am out and about. I either keep it in my car or on my motorcycle. They take such better pictures than any phone camera. The reason why people don't realize that is because they've stopped using them so much because your phone is more convenient. But, when you look at the pictures side by side there is just no comparison. My Canon point and shoot takes pictures way better than any cell phone camera ever could. Especially in lower light and when things are moving quickly.

agreed and I use mine at events, mostly my son's school/sports activities .... but we're definitely in the minority and cameras are a major selling point for OEMs.

that said, I'm not a spec guy and there's obviously way more that goes into a camera then MP, but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement in both hardware and especially software.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred