Thinking about switching carriers

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Hello all. I have been with T-Mobile for around 6 years. After their recent data breaches, and to save money, I was thinking about switching to another carrier. I am paying 114 a month for two lines of unlimited data. If I went to Metro, evidently they have something going on right now for 80 dollars a month for two lines of unlimited data. My phone is factory unlocked from Samsung, so I can freely take it wherever I wish.

But... They are still owned by T-Mobile... So I have to assume anything that effects them data breach-wise, would also effect Metro. I'm not sure which way to go with this. I also considered AT&T prepaid, but I don't know how good the speeds would be compared to what I am used to with T-Mobile.

stevenjb2020

Oct 1, 2019
Visit site
I use Visible (Verizon pre-paid). $25/month Party Plan. Unlimited. Been using it while travelling across the USA (phone and hotspot) - good signal.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Visible (Verizon pre-paid). $25/month Party Plan. Unlimited. Been using it while travelling across the USA (phone and hotspot) - good signal.

Thank you for this, I really want to try Visible but I have to wait until my new phone arrives to see if it's compatible.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Nope. Still with T-Mobile. Thought about Metro, but they prioritize data for T-Mobile customers. I'd rather have top notch speeds all the time.

80 dollars down from 114 isn't that much of a savings to make it worth it.

Last edited:

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Call T-Mobile, explain your concerns with the security of your sensitive data, mention what a better value carrier X offers, blah blah, they might throw you a bone. If not, straight up ask them for a discount, a free add on, one of the new customers promos, something. Do a little homework up front. If the person answering the call can't give you anything, or not enough, ask to speak to someone higher up. Be reasonable, realistic and respectful, and you're likely to get something out of it.

Edit: stay away from AT&T, far away

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54