Thinking of buying a HTC One X

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Alright. It's 5:11 AM now (I haven't slept yet, believe it or not) and the phone was being charged and is now 100%. I took a screen picture of it now and will do again when I wake up and see how far it dropped.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
it depends on the kernel as well if its set to make things way faster battery life is a trade off as we have true multi tasking which is a trade off of battery life as well

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Okay.. the battery is actually much worse than I thought. This cannot be normal, something's up.

At 5:11 AM:

screenshot2012103105111.png

Then I went to sleep and left it with screen off and everything inside its cover and this is the result 5+ hours later at 10:57 AM:

screenshot2012103110574.png

I just checked my Dad's Sony Xperia with Android I don't know what version on it and the battery use says it lasted 12 h 35m before the last charge and that the only thing that uses a lot of battery is the screen whereas the OS just like 20% or something.

Guys can you please help me return everything to stock on my phone? I'd like to unroot it, lock bootloader, and install the latest stock ROM from Google (the one with Sense, of course). If the battery life still sucks, then I am going to take it to HTC service center and see what's up with that.

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how to get you back to stock, but it might be easier to first try a factory reset. With that much battery drain it should be obvious within a half hour whether or not it's fixed it. And if that doesn't work I'd flash a different ROM.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I removed Juice Defender and fixed permissions under "clockwork recovery" and now the battery is in great shape. I am guessing Juice Defender was the issue here, it actually did the opposite effect of what it was supposed to do. Now the battery lasted a good 8 hours+ usage as well as some standby and it was at 65% then, which is pretty fantastic compared to how it was.

Right now it is 2:02 AM and the phone is 100% (just took it off the charger a few ago) and I am going to leave it in standby till I wake up and see how much it dropped. Hopefully not a lot!

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I hope its better off this scares me as I want the one x plus and I will never own a phone without root

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
mHz is clock speed for processors, lol. You're mistaking it for mAh. Anyway, that I think that really won't mean much, since it uses a 40nm Tegra 3 processor, as opposed to the more efficient 28/32nm (not sure; need to look up) Snapdragon S4. If it still had the same processor or even the Snapdragon S4 Pro quadcore, then the extra bump in mAh would be great.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann