Thinking of selling my Gnex after 2 weeks of using it

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I don't understand about Android. Back in the day pocketpc's were bulky but they functioned a lot like windows (which a lot of us know and love, take XP for example). As technology has gotten better (more powerful chips can be on phones now) why can't microsoft take something stable like XP make it into touch and put it on a phone.

pretty much every problem we're having (except signal or battery or maybe not) would be gone. Seriously, microsoft dropped the ball. People didn't realize that pocket pc / windows mobile had way more apps than everybody in the day.

We all say things like turn off 3d or live wall papers etc, yet, this phone has way better under the hood than my p3 from 1999, which can have graphics go simultaneously (granted it's not the same), but still.

I look forward to the future of Android, I'm willing to wait. I actually like troubleshooting and being part of 'history'.

I digress, I believe what everyone is experiencing is people thought that his stuff would have been taken care of by now. I see where they're coming from and for the most part I agree. Think about it, some things just don't make sense. Take something simple, like why doesn't our phones have chrome. Compare that to google maps which single handedly summons the power of satellites. Meanwhile simple things like file transfer suffer.

Everyone has their deal breakers and some of the not so hot parts of the phone happen to be theirs.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I've got three pocket pc's in a drawer. The best of them had a 90 minute battery life, the worst was half that. I used to carry three spare batteries.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

kharrigan

Now using God's Phone
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
why can't microsoft take something stable like XP make it into touch and put it on a phone
Nostalgia makes the past better, I guess. Windows CE was horrible and really didn't run anything that you wanted to run. It was slow, bloated, and expensive.

Who would want that again???

Piquedram

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Just checked my gsm nexus, left it sitting for about 12 hours barely used it, (slept 8 of those hours) and it consumed 12% power. That is with all data turned off. 63% of this went to android os, 23 to phone idle, and 10 to standby. I believe that because it uses so little power on standby or idle, those percentages automatically drop, and the OS appears to use a lot in comparison.

android010

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I removed some of the apps and removed some icons from the home screen

the battery life now has improved a bit

I can now charge only once every day :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nictu