Thinnest hard case for Droid X

jldeitch

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, I gave myself a small heart attack this morning. I dropped my Droid X. It seems fine, with only the smallest of dings on the lower right corner.

Still, I'm rethinking my decision to carry around a "naked" phone. What do y'all recommend for the thinnest hard case possible for a Droid X? I absolutely don't want to add bulk, nor do I want something that's too rubbery. I keep the phone in my pocket, and need to be able to slide it in and out quickly.

Thx!

shadygrady83

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I have one from Verizon and I believe it was only $14ish . Its labeled as a silicone case...but because of the feel of it, its not your standard silicone. (Not flimsy) I am really liking it. Light, low profile, fits tight, cheap to replace if needed. Check it out.

My wife has one on her incredible and liking it as well. If you look for it...its, again, labeled as silicone, but has kind of a "diamond" effect on the back, which is not noticeable when on the phone and only covers the outside edge of the phone...not the buttons.
Hope that helps.

OneStepAhead

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have one from Verizon and I believe it was only $14ish . Its labeled as a silicone case...but because of the feel of it, its not your standard silicone. (Not flimsy) I am really liking it. Light, low profile, fits tight, cheap to replace if needed. Check it out.

My wife has one on her incredible and liking it as well. If you look for it...its, again, labeled as silicone, but has kind of a "diamond" effect on the back, which is not noticeable when on the phone and only covers the outside edge of the phone...not the buttons.
Hope that helps.

The case your describing is actually made out of TPU, or Thermoplastic Polyurethane. It's like a cross between a hard case and a soft case. It's in my opinion the perfect material for cell phone protection. A search for Droid X TPU on eBay should turn up some results.

irishguy0224

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Do they make a "barely there" case for this phone? I am thinking of just using an invisible shield but i am not sure what i want to do. I love having naked phones myself. Never been a case guy.