This is why I like HTC phones

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I must say having the evo 4g and now the Evo 3d Im very happy with my selections with HTC. #1 They seem to take updates seriously.. Samsung, Motorola, etc seem to be nowhere near as fast with updates at HTC... Also Innovation.. People complain about sense but its still number one in my eyes.. It looks the best, Widgets are sexy. Lock screen is sexy and adds functionality to android, AND NOW THE FREAKING SCREEN SHOTS... I had been waiting for this forever! Keep it up htc!

jxc

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
100% agree with you, i dont know why everyone decided to wake up one morning and start the hate on sense and evo 3D bandwagon but i prefer it and sense to the nexus s or any other phone available right now on any other carrier.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Sense is one of the reasons I stuck with the 3D versus the Photon, even though I was having some issues with my 3D. I swapped my 1st 3D for another instead of trying the Photon.
My girlfriend has the Photon at my urging, the Photon has issues too.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
100% agree with you, i dont know why everyone decided to wake up one morning and start the hate on sense and evo 3D bandwagon but i prefer it and sense to the nexus s or any other phone available right now on any other carrier.

Truthfully I like sense better then stock android... I think stock is faster but it looks more clunky and the widgets are ugly and unpolished.. I hope they fix alot in ICS... I mean the weather animations, Clock, widgets etc on sense all look waaaaaay better.. I could care less if a app opens 0.1 seconds faster lol..

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I like everything about Sense(themes, skins, app drawer, quick access settings) except that dreadful dock. I've replaced it with GO Launcher and couldn't be happier. I also prefer scrolling wallpaper to the carousel. Now I have the best of both worlds. HTC the company that's all about "you" needs to give US the option to customize that dock, or give us the app dock from the Mytouch4gSlide

Chuckles 135

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This is officially my second Android device. The first being the Samsung Moment. While it was a good phone to start off with and had a lot of potential. It quickly fell behind due to Samsung dragging their feet on updates. Then they just up and quit doing updates on it altogether way too soon. This caused me to at the first opportunity to jump off the Samsung ship over to HTC. For one reason alone, HTC is well known for standing by their products for much longer as well as pushing out updates more frequently. While I personally liked the Samsung phones, unless they take a page from HTC they probably won't be getting my business anytime soon.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I like everything about Sense(themes, skins, app drawer, quick access settings) except that dreadful dock. I've replaced it with GO Launcher and couldn't be happier. I also prefer scrolling wallpaper to the carousel. Now I have the best of both worlds. HTC the company that's all about "you" needs to give US the option to customize that dock, or give us the app dock from the Mytouch4gSlide

Are you talking about how your phone works in dock mode? Or how you unlock the phone?

The only fault I find on this phone is the limited function in dock mode.
I love the carousel and the lock...heck, I LOVE sense 3.0

sent with lazer beams using my EVO3D

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea im new to android with the E3D but i have been playing with so kany of my friends phones from the nexus to the iphone and sense is decinetly way more refined and pretty in comparison to all of them. My gripe like others have said is dock mode sux. I feel like its unusable. I wish sense 3.0 would have had a landscape mode like the sliders.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ Tapatalk

cheechmo

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about how your phone works in dock mode? Or how you unlock the phone?

The only fault I find on this phone is the limited function in dock mode.
I love the carousel and the lock...heck, I LOVE sense 3.0

sent with lazer beams using my EVO3D
Not dock mode. He's talking about the dock at the bottom of your home screens. The one with the big phone button, flanked by your app drawer button and the personalize button.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Not dock mode. He's talking about the dock at the bottom of your home screens. The one with the big phone button, flanked by your app drawer button and the personalize button.

oh realy? I love the "look". it's so different then the square droid dock. plus it can be changed easy if you realy don't like it.
heh, to each their own I guess. but thanks for clearing that up for me.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I like the Sense widgets and I like that it integrates social networks well. But stock Android is better in my opinion.

I want to like stock android more but it still feels clunky and unpolished. I hope ICS looks alot more like honeycomb then it may get Interesting. I'm hoping they work on the notification bar. You should be able to dismiss single notifications.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I want to like stock android more but it still feels clunky and unpolished. I hope ICS looks alot more like honeycomb then it may get Interesting. I'm hoping they work on the notification bar. You should be able to dismiss single notifications.

ICS is the mobile phone version of Honeycomb. So prepare to be blown away. :D

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Yea, to be clear I was talking about the application launcher "dock" at the bottom of the screen. HTC needs to do away with that. It's easy enough to tap and hold the screen to bring up personalization, or by using the menu button. The dock is a waste of valuable screen real estate.

mrpre5

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Truthfully I like sense better then stock android... I think stock is faster but it looks more clunky and the widgets are ugly and unpolished.. I hope they fix alot in ICS... I mean the weather animations, Clock, widgets etc on sense all look waaaaaay better.. I could care less if a app opens 0.1 seconds faster lol..

Stock android on the Nexus S (a single core phone) is faster than the Evo 3D on Sense 3.0 (a dual-core phone) in some app loading tests.

HTC EVO 3D vs Samsung Nexus S 4G "Sprint 4G Face Off" - YouTube

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I already love Sense 3.0 and now with this update and the ability to take screenshots is awesome. And I have no need to root it or anything. I'm very happy with the stock speed on this phone. Sense 3.0 is perfect! No other UI allows tagging in FB pics, more widgets that are usable, great looks, and overall functionality to their phones than HTC! And Screenshots are icing on the cake! Great Job HTC!

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea, to be clear I was talking about the application launcher "dock" at the bottom of the screen. HTC needs to do away with that. It's easy enough to tap and hold the screen to bring up personalization, or by using the menu button. The dock is a waste of valuable screen real estate.

That's my beef with it. I don't use phone that often, but whatever. The real crime is the all apps and personalize menu. All apps I rarely use, but personalize I use maybe once a month.. so why waste the space for it?

If they let us customize those buttons AND gave us parallax backgrounds instead of the carousel (which is 100% useless) I would be happy. I like sense and I like the HTC widgets (especially the clock) but I like the scrolling wallpaper and customizable buttons more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick