Thought this was funny and interesting.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
3 actually:p and Apple is rumored to introduce a different iPhone that is cheaper, and again many people are happy with the only choice apple provides.
hahaha. Ya riiight. That's like saying the Nexus 1 is still a choice. The iPhone 4 is old and tired and the 4S is out the door any month. I mean high end devices. New. Fresh. Top of the line.

Right now we can choose the nexus 4, HTC One, SGS4, note 2, DNA. All top of the line.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
3? Ok, they offer 1 modern choice and 2 outdated choices that are cheaper than the modern one.... that's like saying, "you can buy an S3 or an S4!" Yeah, both Sammy Galaxy devices, same thing, different version :p I hope Apple doesn't offer low end iPhones. The iPad Mini is garbage (specs wise) and honestly, without the "premium" argument, Apple loses their only leg to stand on. They've already been beaten in features and usability... what we need from Apple is "WOW!!!!!" Not, "oooo, shinier Apple on the back" type stuff.
I would take a S2 over a ip4, a S3 over a ip4s and a S4 over an ip5 or ip5s for that matter.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
3? Ok, they offer 1 modern choice and 2 outdated choices that are cheaper than the modern one.... that's like saying, "you can buy an S3 or an S4!" Yeah, both Sammy Galaxy devices, same thing, different version :p I hope Apple doesn't offer low end iPhones. The iPad Mini is garbage (specs wise) and honestly, without the "premium" argument, Apple loses their only leg to stand on. They've already been beaten in features and usability... what we need from Apple is "WOW!!!!!" Not, "oooo, shinier Apple on the back" type stuff.
As a tech- inclined person you should know software optimisation is very important, my friend's iPad mini felt smoother then my N10 when I had it, Don't you dare say the iPad mini is just a cheaper iPad. Because it is not.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I would take a S2 over a ip4, a S3 over a ip4s and a S4 over an ip5 or ip5s for that matter.

I'd agree with that, but I wouldn't have been 100% on board when the S2 and the ip4 were both new. At that time (gingerbread) the S2 had better specs, the iPh I would argue had more buy in to their OS experience, I would have recommended them approximately evenly, though I liked Android way better for my personal choices. Since ICS, just about every top of the line Android device wins.

But, to your point... I'd take a Galaxy Nexus over all three of the Samsung Galaxy S devices you listed, including the S4. I'd also take an N4 over the S4 and probably the S5. :) Nexus is where it's at. Software matters, to me updates matter and the philosophy behind the architecture matters. I'm really excited for the Nexus 5 and praying (probably in vain) that there is a CDMA variant.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Of course you would, I wouldnt touch the S2 or S3 or S4 for that matter. and you would choose the S4 over the 5S? that just says everything.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'd agree with that, but I wouldn't have been 100% on board when the S2 and the ip4 were both new. At that time (gingerbread) the S2 had better specs, the iPh I would argue had more buy in to their OS experience, I would have recommended them approximately evenly, though I liked Android way better for my personal choices. Since ICS, just about every top of the line Android device wins.

But, to your point... I'd take a Galaxy Nexus over all three of the Samsung Galaxy S devices you listed, including the S4. I'd also take an N4 over the S4 and probably the S5. :) Nexus is where it's at. Software matters, to me updates matter and the philosophy behind the architecture matters. I'm really excited for the Nexus 5 and praying (probably in vain) that there is a CDMA variant.

The iPhone gets updates even faster then the N4, I got the 4.2.2 update 2 days after its push, on my iPhone 5 I got 6.1.3 as soon as it went live.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
As a tech- inclined person you should know software optimisation is very important, my friend's iPad mini felt smoother then my N10 when I had it, Don't you dare say the iPad mini is just a cheaper iPad. Because it is not.

What is it? Not to be overly harsh on it, but the iPad Mini seems like the iPad 2 threw up from anxiety after seeing the iPad 4. I'm not sure what the Nexus 10's issue is, I played with one great one and one that sounds like your friend's (had some sluggish moments). I played with my sister's iPad 2, my other sister's iPad 4 and a coworker's iPad mini and I agree with all of the reviews that said the experience was much more like the iPad 2 than the newest variant. My N7 destroys it and it's much more affordable and supports Android :)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
What is it? Not to be overly harsh on it, but the iPad Mini seems like the iPad 2 threw up from anxiety after seeing the iPad 4. I'm not sure what the Nexus 10's issue is, I played with one great one and one that sounds like your friend's (had some sluggish moments). I played with my sister's iPad 2, my other sister's iPad 4 and a coworker's iPad mini and I agree with all of the reviews that said the experience was much more like the iPad 2 than the newest variant. My N7 destroys it and it's much more affordable and supports Android :)

Does not destroy the iPad mini. I would not want android on my tablets either.
It is a better portable iPad, pixel density is higher then the iPad 2, it has LTE the iPad 2 does not, it has a 32nm CPU instead of a 48nm A5 chip, it has siri, it has better battery life, bluetooth 4.0 iPad 2 does not have and to top it all of better looks.

Tell me more about how the iPad mini is a smaller iPad 2? I also forgot 5MP back camera.iPad 2 only has 0.8 MP back camera the front facing has also been boosted to 1.3 MP, seems like you do not know what you are talking about.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Does not destroy the iPad mini. I would not want android on my tablets either.
It is a better portable iPad, pixel density is higher then the iPad 2, it has LTE the iPad 2 does not, it has a 32nm CPU instead of a 48nm A5 chip, it has siri, it has better battery life, bluetooth 4.0 iPad 2 does not have and to top it all of better looks.

Tell me more about how the iPad mini is a smaller iPad 2? I also forgot 5MP back camera.iPad 2 only has 0.8 MP back camera the front facing has also been boosted to 1.3 MP, seems like you do not know what you are talking about.

Tried an iPad mini at a Staples for 10 minutes, and personally I thought it couldn't compare to the Nexus 7,it didn't seem as smooth, it was kind of a pain to hold in the hand and the screen was nothing to brag about.

I can see the appeal of it to iOS users but I don't see anyone that has a Nexus 7 dumping it for an iPad mini.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The iPad mini is really just a blown up iPhone with lower pixel density. I mean, the keyboard is exactly like the iPhone keyboard but more pixelated!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The iPad mini is really just a blown up iPhone with lower pixel density. I mean, the keyboard is exactly like the iPhone keyboard but more pixelated!

This is a joke right?

- - - Updated - - -

Tried an iPad mini at a Staples for 10 minutes, and personally I thought it couldn't compare to the Nexus 7,it didn't seem as smooth, it was kind of a pain to hold in the hand and the screen was nothing to brag about.

I can see the appeal of it to iOS users but I don't see anyone that has a Nexus 7 dumping it for an iPad mini.

Didn't seem smooth? Are you sure? Its insanely quick.

Again many people forget that outside the US there are no Google services like music movies etc. My iPad is a entertainment device(and college work sometimes) and not having access to that content. Besides I prefer iOS tablets over android tablets.

Alex trebek

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
This is a joke right?

- - - Updated - - -

Again many people forget that outside the US there are no Google services like music movies etc. My iPad is a entertainment device(and college work sometimes) and not having access to that content. Besides I prefer iOS tablets over android tablets.

The iPad mini is very responsive, however I prefer the N7 or even Kindle Fire HD (much cheaper) the iPad mini has a specific market and is a very good device. I prefer my full sized iPad, but I do like the portability of the minis I've used. Like most things, it's really down to opinion.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
This is a joke right?

- - - Updated - - -

I know tech stuff, so yes I'm sure. At least not compared to the Nexus 7 but in its own right it's not slow either.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This is a joke right?

- - - Updated - - -

That's a good point about not having Google services... not sure how that would effect my experience. I don't use them a lot, but it's nice having them there.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
That's a good point about not having Google services... not sure how that would effect my experience. I don't use them a lot, but it's nice having them there.
I would maybe get the N7 if I had those services.

- - - Updated - - -

The iPad mini is very responsive, however I prefer the N7 or even Kindle Fire HD (much cheaper) the iPad mini has a specific market and is a very good device. I prefer my full sized iPad, but I do like the portability of the minis I've used. Like most things, it's really down to opinion.

Sent from my HTC Rhyme
No objective answer can be given.

jsmith203344

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

I hate how the google services is always running in the background my mate said that he flashed a ROM without google service and it runs better and the battery last longer too.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I hate how the google services is always running in the background my mate said that he flashed a ROM without google service and it runs better and the battery last longer too.
Completely different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats gonna be hard without Steve around:-!

Do you and slender troll really think apple is a one man show? there are more then 4000 employs making products not just one guy.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Completely different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you and slender troll really think apple is a one man show? there are more then 4000 employs making products not just one guy.

Well he was the one showing them off to all the fans. No- one ever mentions those other 4000 people behind the scenes.