Thunderbolt Consumers want ICS

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I know there are plenty of threads about ICS on the Thunderbolt. I don't mean to start another discussion about when it is coming out or what features we will get.

I know that HTC and VZW have to do tests, make sure the upgrade will go smoothly (can't have another random reboot situation), etc. But I think it is ridiculous that we have to wait so long for software updates. HTC is busy putting out new phones, and VZW is busy gouging us with tiered data plans; I think I speak for many of us when I say that they should be equally busy meeting the expectations of their current customers.

So let them hear that we want ICS. Yes, its not that big of a deal, my phone works and I love my TB, but I still think that VZW and HTC would speed up the process of getting ICS to our Thunderbolts if they get more people calling in to speak up about it.

I'm going to take a bit of time today to call HTC and Verizon and let them know what I want. I think it would be helpful if everyone who cared did that same. They are capitalists after all, they listen to people who give them money, if we paint a big enough picture.

trter10-imore

ThunderboltTool Developer
Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I dont think bugging them will speed anything up. It probably won't even leave the CS department

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

rvhighway

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't care if I ever see ICS on this phone. My TBolt is finally working fine ever since it's been de-bloated and running a non-VZW Gingerbread ROM. Why would I want to screw that up by going backwards to a carrier ROM? There's the good chance, based on history, that the carrier-provided ICS going to be all messed-up by VZW. So, "No Thanks" to ICS. I see only headaches and no benefit.

3rdpig

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Everyone wants something. I want Brazilian thong models to deliver lunch to my door every day. I'm not getting that anymore than you're going to get an official ICS update. It's time to move on.

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think Thong Model is Android, 12.1. After they finish naming the OS after sweets they'll start naming them after other sweets.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Spacemaker24

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
It's scheduled for September per a document I saw posted somewhere. (and I don't care enough about ICS to bother looking it up)

As far as ICS and Thunderbolt? Be careful what you wish for. I'd hate to see my nice stable device get screwed up by ICS. At least they are taking the time to (hopefully) get it right.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Jude526

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It's scheduled for September per a document I saw posted somewhere. (and I don't care enough about ICS to bother looking it up)

As far as ICS and Thunderbolt? Be careful what you wish for. I'd hate to see my nice stable device get screwed up by ICS. At least they are taking the time to (hopefully) get it right.

Looks like it's July/August per HTC:
Android 4.0 Update Frequently Asked Questions

But, my sentiments exactly. Mine has been rock solid on Gingerbread! If it ain't broke... :-\

Besides, from what I've read there are only a few things ICS may bring: improved battery life (how much is anybody's guess, but don't expect much, at this point battery drain is probably more dependent on hardware, not software), better support for multi-core processors (not applicable to the Thunderbolt as it's single core), ability to disable carrier included apps (aka bloatware). Oh, and HTC is upgrading Sense to 3.6 (we currently have Sense 2.1). The Sense upgrade will be a much bigger deal IMO, than ICS.

Reactions: GeekCop

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
All they have to do is release the stupid radios and we already have a super smooth functioning rom

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

But, my sentiments exactly. Mine has been rock solid on Gingerbread! If it ain't broke... :-\

Besides, from what I've read there are only a few things ICS may bring: improved battery life (how much is anybody's guess, but don't expect much, at this point battery drain is probably more dependent on hardware, not software), better support for multi-core processors (not applicable to the Thunderbolt as it's single core), ability to disable carrier included apps (aka bloatware). Oh, and HTC is upgrading Sense to 3.6 (we currently have Sense 2.1). The Sense upgrade will be a much bigger deal IMO, than ICS.

Agreed. For those of us with un-rooted Tbolts, the biggest difference we will be seeing is with the Sense upgrade.
So on that point, what will Sense 3.6 offer?

mrtonk

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

July-August is when HTC will deliver it to Verizon, not when Verizon delivers it to us. That's why the September makes more sense.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I use a 3rd party launcher is for:
Customizable tray
Landscape mode
Folders.

If ICS/sense 3.6 offers those, plus:
Better battery life
Better camera options
More control over bloatware

Then I'm all for it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Everyone wants something. I want Brazilian thong models to deliver lunch to my door every day. I'm not getting that anymore than you're going to get an official ICS update. It's time to move on.

I literally was centimeters away from peeing myself this was so funny.

Why was it so funny? Because much like Jerry Seinfelds humor, it's too damn true.

Don't expect to see an official ICS update for this phone, and you'll live 10x happier with each passing day. If you expect to see one, you'll get frustrated more and more as time goes by without so much as a whisper among VZW/HTC employees of our devices name.

Reactions: Devils Advocate

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrianBaw