Thunderbolt Thursday Waiting Room HERE!

ultrav23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
FYI...VZW corporate is "secret shopping" by phone and in store to catch reps holding phones or setting up appointments. It is VZW's official policy to never hold a phone under any circumstance it is purely first come first serve! I was told disciplinary action has been approved by the big wigs on this one for up to and including termination. Seems this launch has gotten under the skin of some at corporate offices!!!!

jmsdvs

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
FYI...VZW corporate is "secret shopping" by phone and in store to catch reps holding phones or setting up appointments. It is VZW's official policy to never hold a phone under any circumstance it is purely first come first serve! I was told disciplinary action has been approved by the big wigs on this one for up to and including termination. Seems this launch has gotten under the skin of some at corporate offices!!!!

Well I hope they don't reach my store lol They have one day to do it, and I doubt they will hit most of them, just major ones in major cities if this is true.

Vincetybor

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I just went to BB and VZ and played with it!!! Go they have demo units. There not out you have to ask and if they tell you they dont have it there lying. Went to BB first and she took it out of the box and I almost ran out the door with it. There secerity isnt that big! lol... Then went to VZ and asked them to play with one the guy told me they didnt have one and and told them BB does and he asked his boss if they activated it yet and all of a sudden they had 2 of them. I was the 1st to hold it in the store and almost ran out of there with it as well! Its such a beautiful phone!!! The only thing that was weird was out of the 2 only one worked with web? They couldnt figure why the other one wouldnt open the web. Kinda weird. Anyway this is at the Bloomingdale Illinois BB, and VZ if you live around here go play and enjoy!!!

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

You can still setup an appointment to see a sales rep tomorrow, but they can't hold a phone.

In other words, if you setup an appointment for 9am then you will be seen at 9am by someone when the doors open even if there are 30 people in front of you (assuming they don't have appointments too... hehe).

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have class at 10, so I am going to get to Verizon at 8:45 and hopefully leave by 9:30. I'm kind of afraid I'm going to get in an accident while driving; there is no way I will be able to take my eyes off of it for at least 5 hours!

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You can still setup an appointment to see a sales rep tomorrow, but they can't hold a phone.

In other words, if you setup an appointment for 9am then you will be seen at 9am by someone when the doors open even if there are 30 people in front of you (assuming they don't have appointments too... hehe).

I called three local Corporate Verizon's and none of them are doing appointments... :( First come, first serve.

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys,
The THUNDERBOLT will be me and my friends first droid (all converting from blackberry) with that being said we are all not looking forward to losing our beloved BBM.....what android apps would you guys suggest to replace bbm absent of just regular texting....we like to see when msg's are delivered and read and also when the other person is typing and being able to do group chats as well....any ideas?? I have heard about live profile...kik...and others...would like something without a short character limit another great part about bbm...thanks in advance

Whatsapp is a great BBM Alternative. It shows one checkmark when the message is sent and accepted by the network and 2 check marks when it is delivered to the phone. It does not show read or unread. It does to group chat and you can attach a host of stuff (Pics, video, music, location (cool so friends can find you and get directions from google maps), and contact info. I think it shows if the other person is typing but not sure. My brothers have blackberries and we use this to text since it uses data vs. text messages just like BBM. It is also available on the iphone if you have friends with one of those things.:p
You can enter a status also just like BBM and it has a popup message when someone sends you a message. You can also choose a color led light for incoming messages.

I tried Kik and it was ok, but it lacked a few things and now that BB users cannot use kik it wasn't worth it.

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have an appointment for sure, but I'll call anyway just to confirm. The guy said I'm setup in the system for 9am.

It's weird that some stores do appointments and others do not. Don't these sales people want to make some money off of the TB?? I would be creating as many appointments as possible.

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
my wife just called me to say that BestBuy called and we have our appointment set for our TB's!! WOO-HOO!! :D

she said they asked if we wanted a "shield" to protect the phones and she told them yes. is that a screen protector?? they said it had to be installed? my wife didn't know to ask any specific details on what that was -she heard protection and said "yes!"

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So lemme get this straight. I pre ordered on Day 1 of pre-ordering at BBY way back in Feb. They called me, I made an appoint for 3pm tomorrow. I WILL have a phone waiting for me right?

jtmeyers

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday morning I called my local VZW store to set-up an appointment for Thursday at 9am when they open. I dropped by the store yesterday afternoon to see if they had one on display (they didn't). While I was there though they told me that they were going to open at 8am for appointments only - so I moved my appointment up!

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
my wife just called me to say that BestBuy called and we have our appointment set for our TB's!! WOO-HOO!! :D

she said they asked if we wanted a "shield" to protect the phones and she told them yes. is that a screen protector?? they said it had to be installed? my wife didn't know to ask any specific details on what that was -she heard protection and said "yes!"

Its an invisishield and it has to be installed either by you or BB. I would have them do it, but invisishield says to wait 12 hours before turning your phone on after installation. So it's your call.

ShawnMeds23

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
s-w-e-e-t

i'll get a new line going and then call verizon and switch it over to my biz account... yeye

pdf attached, just in case they take it off... ;)

I'm the second line of a family plan. The contract on this number has been up for months. I use a google voice number. I don't care about my verizon number. Could I cancel this second line today and ad a new one tomorrow???

straitup27

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm the second line of a family plan. The contract on this number has been up for months. I use a google voice number. I don't care about my verizon number. Could I cancel this second line today and ad a new one tomorrow???

yes as long as the contract is up you can cancel at anytime,also you can add a line at anytime you wish

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
went to a local verizon store today to talk about my contract situation and upgrading to the bolt

first and foremost they let me play with a bolt, not a dummy an actual phone (i know i know only one day ahead of release but i sure as hell wasn't gonna say no to their offer)
some impressions i got:

-screen size was huge, looked bigger in life than i expected it to be its a monster
-the phone itself was slimmer than i expected, thought it would be thicker but they did a nice job of slimming it
-the kickstand was smaller (thinner to be specific) than i expected, but didnt feel cheap at all (seems like you would purposely have to try and break it to actually break it)
-no SIM card or wifi at the time i played with it so couldn't do speed test :(
-response on touch screen was very good
-the phone overall is a winner in my books

second point the rep kept insisting you don't need a SIM card for 4G, to which i insisted you do (you do don't you?) he would not back down from his response on this matter, so i just said whatever and moved on to other questions

lastly he told me only 2 year option was available for contract, i inquired about 1 year, he said not on this phone, so i asked if verizon was doing away with 1 year contracts and his response was they are not, but they are beginning to select phones they want to specifically make 2 year contracts (i don't fully buy this response yet either, we'll all find out 100% tomorrow though)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52