Thunderbolt Thursday Waiting Room HERE!

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else's local VZW store said this? I called in and store rep said they apparently aren't allowed to publicly announce the amount of phones they'll have in stock tomorrow. I'm probably just gonna show up about 8:30 AM, hopefully just a few people or less are waiting.

madvad

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
VZW just tweeted that the phone is being offered at a 1-year contract as well

"@VerizonWireless
Verizon Wireless
#ThunderBolt is $249.99 with 2-year contract. $319.99 with 1-year contract and $599.99 with no contract."

Twitter

Reactions: fatboy97

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else's local VZW store said this? I called in and store rep said they apparently aren't allowed to publicly announce the amount of phones they'll have in stock tomorrow. I'm probably just gonna show up about 8:30 AM, hopefully just a few people or less are waiting.

Yes. I'm in Philly and both the one here and one in NJ said the same things. But they know me since I've been harassing them for the past few months. So I went back around 3 just to confirm they got their drop shipments in which they did.

Although he couldn't directly tell me, I know they getting 50-60 TBs.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Whatsapp is a great BBM Alternative. It shows one checkmark when the message is sent and accepted by the network and 2 check marks when it is delivered to the phone. It does not show read or unread. It does to group chat and you can attach a host of stuff (Pics, video, music, location (cool so friends can find you and get directions from google maps), and contact info. I think it shows if the other person is typing but not sure. My brothers have blackberries and we use this to text since it uses data vs. text messages just like BBM. It is also available on the iphone if you have friends with one of those things.:p
You can enter a status also just like BBM and it has a popup message when someone sends you a message. You can also choose a color led light for incoming messages.

I tried Kik and it was ok, but it lacked a few things and now that BB users cannot use kik it wasn't worth it.

+1 Love Whatsapp

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I went to BB today to handle the TB. It felt so nice in the hand. The sound from the phone is crazy nice. My madness will end at 12:15 thursday and i can't wait. About time VZW!

FutureTBoltOwner

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
VZW just tweeted that the phone is being offered at a 1-year contract as well

"@VerizonWireless
Verizon Wireless
#ThunderBolt is $249.99 with 2-year contract. $319.99 with 1-year contract and $599.99 with no contract."

Twitter

ha I knew that rep today didn't know s***, knew there would be a 1 year option, anyways 1 year here i come

Perwilly

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I went to BB today to handle the TB. It felt so nice in the hand. The sound from the phone is crazy nice. My madness will end at 12:15 thursday and i can't wait. About time VZW!
Gads you guys are lucky. My local VZW and BBY stores here in north Seattle are playing the quiet game. VZW won't show nuthin! The gal I spoke with yesterday barely admitted to having some in the back room - had to pry that out of her. The BBY store I went into today had no Tbolt display up at all - like it didn't exist.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Mine is at the Best Buy store with my name one it as well. Coming from another carrier I hope Verizon's coverage at my home lives up the the hype. Their map shows 4G service where I live so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just got a call from my Verizon store down the road, I am the only one to have come in with interest since the announcement. (Not to say others won't be just appearing for the phone)

They have the devices coming in around Noon-3pm from Columbus. Interesting though, since I know the actual corporate store literally 7 miles away from this retailer will have them at open. Regardless they will be calling me once they come in and I will be going to pick it up.

BB called me on my preorder earlier, didn't even care to answer. :p

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Anyone waiting a couple of days before purchase to see if any problems surface when TBolt reaches the masses?

No I'm evening coming from ATT, my thought is by getting it at Best Buy I have 30 days to return it while only 14 if I bought it at a Verizon store. My plan is to get a temp number until I decide to keep it.

anon(2632)

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The rep i deal with at my store (across the road from my office) texted me this morning with the pricing info. I asked if she would make me and appointment. She said she would and also texted me the prices of the accessories that she thought i wanted. I told her what i wanted and she said to be at the store at 9. (then she had to comment on using 30 gb of data on my mifi last month :0 )
I let my coworkers know i was slipping out for a few minutes to get my phone.
Hope to be all set up at 9:30 am. I don't know how i am going to work the rest of the day.
On the way home today, my daughter told me she was going to laugh when i don't get it tomorrow.

Reactions: daz655321

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
On the way home today, my daughter told me she was going to laugh when i don't get it tomorrow.

52009-deserves_spanking.jpg

THIS MUST HAPPEN

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware