Thunderbolt Thursday Waiting Room HERE!

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade date bump...

Hey guys,
last night some kind people on here recommended that i try and see if i could have my upgrade date moved from march 24th to the 17th so i could get the bolt at launch. I went to verizon's website and had a chat with a rep-who checked my info and was nice, yet said i couldn't be bumped up, and that i would have to wait til the 24th. So, should i try my luck today after work, and walk into a local verizon in person and try again?

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So, after talking to customer service 611, I wonder something. I was told that my data plan would "change" to say 4G service, after I buy the Bolt.

Now, let's pretend that 14 months from now, my Bolt dies/breaks/is stolen etc. I have the insurance, but it will take a few days to get a replacement. I activate my OG Droid, that is NOT 4g. I need a data plan. Will I be breaking my contract by activating a 3g device, that has a different data plan than the contract I have for the TB??

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the price will be the same. I would order online if they can ship overnight and I get it on Thursday evening.
I guess this would only work if they let you order on Wednesday midnight.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
last night some kind people on here recommended that i try and see if i could have my upgrade date moved from march 24th to the 17th so i could get the bolt at launch. I went to verizon's website and had a chat with a rep-who checked my info and was nice, yet said i couldn't be bumped up, and that i would have to wait til the 24th. So, should i try my luck today after work, and walk into a local verizon in person and try again?

are you a single line? or are you the primary account holder with several lines tied to your account/name? my friend has threatened to take his lines (4) to another carrier if they didn't bump his date up (by several months) and after 35 minutes on the phone, he was able to convince them to do it.

single line=--doubt you're gonna get the love.
multiple lines=threaten to leave & go to Sprint--and see if they want to be the one to terminate a line bringing in hundreds of dollars a month because they wanted to keep you paying the extra 400 on the phone (699-249 upgrade=450 they're looking to save)

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
when we pre-ordered back in Feb BB said the buy-back program was free with the pre-order.

does anyone know if this is still the case?

I was told no. I ended up buying an iphone the last day of the buy back (figured I'd give it a shot since I was always curious about it) I asked the guy if the free buy back would also work with the T-Bolt on release since it was supposed to come out than, was advertised than. He said definitely not. Anyways, I am bringing my iphone back thursday and exchanging it for the t-bolt like I planned all along. I'm going to bring it up to them, see if I can get them to budge, but if not no biggy.

Android 19

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
yeah, just one single line. I will try today though, what could it hurt? It is only a week, and if i have to wait until then, at least i will be able to pass the time reading reviews and feedback here!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
yeah, just one single line. I will try today though, what could it hurt? It is only a week, and if i have to wait until then, at least i will be able to pass the time reading reviews and feedback here!
Ask for a manager.... it can be done but they charge you something like an extra $10-20. I did it years ago and I still had a few weeks until my upgrade.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
lol no seriously, it's going to be 29.99. I told you guys a while ago, Verizon is keeping 4g the same for now in order to lure Sprint customers. The VZ rep told me that was a determining factor. That and the fact that 4G is not nationwide yet.

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you order thursday, would it come by saturday or monday? Does the company verizon uses do a saturday delivery?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

jtmeyers

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
No "reservations" at my local VZW. Per the rep, they cannot set aside / hold a TB for me, they will be on a first-come, first-served basis. However, I was able to set an appointment for 9:00am when the store opens.

The rep will call me back tomorrow with further details.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech