Ticker for Reuters etc

Chooky54

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I lost it....I used to get the Reuters, Fox, Espn etc ticker....what happened to it? How do I get it back? Has anyone else had issues with this?:(

sytech55

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
None of my RSS feeds work, Pre-loaded or User-defined!!!

Can't understand why.
I get SNS and email on ticker, but no RSS feeds. Shows as "Successfully subscribed".

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
My wife's did the same thing. Verizon gave her a new phone, said they are not aware of a fix. My Continuum has not had the same problem, which is odd considering we both got the phone on the same day and have received all the same updates, and I have added more apps than she has. Luck of the draw, I guess.

sytech55

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've turned off my Open Advanced Task Killer and I've subscribed to a Preloaded feed as well as a User feed (Android Central). Still nothing.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I just spent an hour on the phone with Verizon Tech Support, they obviously have no fix for this issue. I suggest folks calling in to make sure they (Verizon) have enough people with the same issue on record so they either come up with a fix, or give us the option to get another device. This is very frustrating, I'm not liking Samsung or Verizon very much right now. I know our Continuum doesn't get much love, but my wife and I actually really like it. But we paid for something we are not getting. Total bummer.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I've turned off my Open Advanced Task Killer and I've subscribed to a Preloaded feed as well as a User feed (Android Central). Still nothing.

Just FYI, I got rid of Advanced Task Killer, I use the stock Task Manager instead with better battery results. And I have also added Juice Defender, and have extended my battery life by a few hours.

But none of this does anything for the Ticker Issue. :mad:

mrjake1970

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
fix for ticker..

go to settings, sound and display..

de-select the following settings

auto brightness control
power saving mode
activate grip sensor

ticker started working immediately after..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk