TMobile & Nexus4 group MMS don't like each other :(

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Well guys, I don't know what to tell ya... I searched everything on Google with keywords on this issue and I think the first 4-5 pages I've clicked on every link..LOL..
I stumbled across a link from Solavei TMobile and settings for just 'Android phones' and saw it had a couple more APN Type values than I ever tried. I'm not using Solavei TMobile, but figured what the heck. I don't have anything to lose at this point as I've must've added/deleted like 30 APN's so far!! haha...

So, I put them in, didn't re-boot. Then texted a coworker to send me a pic. BOOYA! His pic came through fine. I asked him to send another. Again, BOOM :) Pic came through fine. I then put together a group text with him and another coworker and told them both to reply to all. Again, BOOYA! Single group thread in return with all 3 of us.

I never really used the stock Android message app ever since I came across Textra about 3 months ago. Worked great when I was on ST AT&T but still it wouldn't work up until now after the port to T-Mobile. It defaults to the MMS size of 300mb, but there's an option for a couple higher ones and 'No Limit'. I also changed this setting to 'No Limit' after making the APN Type change above.

All I can say is one or both of the changes maybe did it?!?!? A pic of the additional APN types are below..

Thanks for all your help and info guys! Appreciate all yours time trying to help me out :)

6xt7ck.jpg

lunchblaze

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Just popping in to share my fix.

nexus 4
tmobile 30$ prepaid
textra
-won't send pics.

tried all the suggestions but what fixed it for me was , in textra, going to mms settigns and changing the size limit to 1mb (tried each one up to 2mb and 1mb was the highest that worked). so apparently my plans limit is 1mb.

hope it helps someone.