To Root or not to Root...

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am not big into flashing roms and all that....probably because I would screw it up somehow.

However, I am interesting in rooting my LG G3 from Sprint so I can have a little more wiggle room with getting the bloatware off it and making it run faster.

2 concerns, maybe someone can shed some light

1. Should I wait until lollipop comes out and then root?
2. If I root, my sprint phone, its rather unique, it has no Sprint LTE splash screen, just the LG screen and does not have wifi calling .....should I factory restart my phone get my msl etc...get those features and then root?

Thank you in advance. I think I will go the method of stump root, but always looking for help.

I appreciate the feedback.

:eek:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am not big into flashing roms and all that....probably because I would screw it up somehow.

However, I am interesting in rooting my LG G3 from Sprint so I can have a little more wiggle room with getting the bloatware off it and making it run faster.

2. If I root, my sprint phone, its rather unique, it has no Sprint LTE splash screen, just the LG screen and does not have wifi calling .....should I factory restart my phone get my msl etc...get those features and then root?

Thank you in advance. I think I will go the method of stump root, but always looking for help.

If root is available now you can root then flash a custom Lollipop 5.0 ROM once its available. Otherwise, if you wait then there's no guarantee that root will be immediately available once 5.0 hits and you may need to wait for a method to be released. Regarding question #2, is your device a Sprint model? Or is it an unlocked model that you are using on Sprint?

Because you can still update the phones prl/profile while rooted. You just may not receive the official 5.0 update OTA.

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
This is a regular sprint model. I got it at best buy and when I saw that it had wifi calling I went to look for it and it was not there. I was told maybe a factory reset would help.
So if i root now, I should just root and wait around until a good solid lollipop ROM comes along and learn how to flash roms?

Thanks

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, root that sucker. With xposed framework, you can customize and tweak, save your battery etc etc. However, xposed framework is not yet supported on lollipop. That's my reason for not updating yet. As soon as it's supported, then I will. The benefits I'm currently getting, outweigh an update.
I tried stump root but it didn't work on my phone. Ended up using purple Drake.