too many facebook apps. difference?

RealFnCool

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
so i just wanted to know since the EVO has a facebook app already... whats then the difference with the android app for facebook?

if i download it will it take over it? or will i just now have yet another FB app? 2?

thanks!

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
so i just wanted to know since the EVO has a facebook app already... whats then the difference with the android app for facebook?

if i download it will it take over it? or will i just now have yet another FB app? 2?

thanks!

If your talking about Facebook for sense. It's what links to like upload pics. The same thong can be done with the official app. Facebook for sense won't give you the widget though. FriendStream will just post status updates. I would probably hold off on the official Facebook app as since they just updated it has had bad implications on battery and would instead do the mobile site. Hopefully they will update soon. Overall the actual, official app is more robust but they both have their pluses.

Hope that helps.

RealFnCool

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
thanks! yeah i still use the sence app (the one that came preinstalled on the EVO) and i see theres another FB official app... i just was wondering if it was better? whats different? will it replace the sence one?

i am reading the market app version takes you to the mobile FB site for somethings.. thats lame... might as well just.... go to that instead of using an app? lol

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The preinstalled facebook app is the same app that is in the Market. The Facebook Sence piece is just a connection that the phone uses for uploading pics, pulling status updates in other widgets, etc... The app is pretty slick and has come a long way since it first came out, but there are still things it cannot do, so it will link you to the facebook web page to handle those things.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The preinstalled facebook app is the same app that is in the Market. The Facebook Sence piece is just a connection that the phone uses for uploading pics, pulling status updates in other widgets, etc... The app is pretty slick and has come a long way since it first came out, but there are still things it cannot do, so it will link you to the facebook web page to handle those things.
Yeah. Facebook for HTC Sense is what the EVO uses for all that stuff. Also from what I've experienced if you sync Facebook contacts with People then only have it checked off on Facebook for HTC Sense. I had a whole bunch of weird duplicates linked to my contacts with Facebook 1.3.1 trying to sync too. One advantage of Facebook for HTC Sense is that when uploading pics it can do mutiple pics as opposed to one at a time with the non for HTC Sense.