Touch Wiz Home issue in Samsung Galaxy S4

bombarde

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
The Touch Whiz is a nuisance and seems to pop up unexpectedly and unwanted. I know it can be useful for someone needing a cleaner and enlarged look. I personally don't like it nor want it on my phone and wish I could totally remove it so it would not catch be by surprise me by popping up.

However, it is easily turned off by going Settings, My Device, Home Screen Mode and then selecting Standard Mode (Rather than Easy Mode).

Several others pointed out this same solution, so I am redundant. But thought it might be useful to share my experience.

bombarde

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Dear Iskandar Muradov

I found the same solution re the problem with TouchWhiz on the Samsung Galaxy 4 and posted it yesterday. I was so pleased that I thought I had solved the problem and then pleased when you confirmed it. Other also had made the same discovery.

To my disappointment, my problem is NOT solved. It again has popped up and when I press the home key, forcing me to select TouchWhiz, Always or Just once.

Can you or someone explain to me why we even need to make such a selection, why can't the phone just do it's thing in the background, and not force a decision on the user at this point? Is this intentional design by Samsung or a malfunction in software or hardware? This Galaxy 4 is my very first fancy phone, and though I like many of its features, I am beginning to regret giving up the reliability of the old flip phone I used for 4-5 years with NO PROBLEMS EVER.

bjfazz22

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
i'm having issues also with the G Note 4 I've never even seen this app on my phone til this week... also I keep turning off "BREIF" and it is still on my screens

Sanghamitra Das

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
After update my software there is something named "MiniTouch" which is displayed on my home screen. I had try to uninstall it many times but failed. My handset is samsung Galaxy Young Duos. My screen already is in standard or basic mode according to ur suggestn im also try to switch from easy mode to standard mode again but there's no change it still there. Plz solve this issue and help me. I don't need it. :'(
Thank u

lisainsa

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Dear user the problem is fixed and will not come back
1. Go to Settings
2. Go to My Devices
3. Go to Home Screen Mode
4. Lastly change it from Easy Mode to Standard Mode, click Apply, the problem will be fixed no need to do anything else. It will work, if it didn't let me know. THANK YOU AND I HOPE IT SOLVED EVERY ONES CONCERN

Hi there.

This has not solved my problem at all. When i restart my phone, and i attempt to go onto the home screen that message keeps popping up. It is very annoying as i now have no access to my home screen at all.

As there anything else we can do to fix this problem??

dcerveralv

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I was able to fix the problem by formatting my sd card.

Remove your sd card and try using your phone. If your phone works fine after doing so, then the SD card might be the culprit.

To format your card, go to settings, more, storage, and format sd card.

But remember, you will lose all your data on the external SD card.

Jerry D D

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S4 and and was having problems getting rid of the Easy Mode view even tho it showed I was in Standard Mode. Here is what I had to do to get the phone to show Standard Mode:

Settings - My Device - Personalization - Easy Mode - here is where I had to click on Easy Mode then Done. Now I went back in to Easy Mode and clicked on Standard Mode. This fixed my problem. Basically all I did was cycle through both modes so it would recognize the Standard Mode again.