Track Number Appear in Track Titles

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy S9+ and I put in my sd card and went to the Google music app to check my music and see that it's showing the track number in the songs which I know isn't supposed to happen. The phone I just came from didn't have this problem at all nor did any other phones I used before that. Does anyone know anyway to fix this? I tried downloading the Samsung Music app and using that but the same thing happened.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Sure, here ya go.
Screenshot_20180515-140259_Google Play Music.jpg

Also the song artwork for some of the songs that's blank just gets copied from a random song it seems and it makes it look quite unorganized as you can see in the screenshot also. I don't know why that is.

nof8butwhatwemake

May 16, 2018
Visit site
My guess would be somehow when your new phone read the SD card for the first time it somehow added the metadata for "track 1" to the actual files. Perhaps this is because you did not have that info embedded and it filled a "need" to have the data there, or perhaps the phone is reading each song as separate and not part of any album, this making them all "track 1". I've not seen this issue before, so I am just guessing.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
My guess would be somehow when your new phone read the SD card for the first time it somehow added the metadata for "track 1" to the actual files. Perhaps this is because you did not have that info embedded and it filled a "need" to have the data there, or perhaps the phone is reading each song as separate and not part of any album, this making them all "track 1". I've not seen this issue before, so I am just guessing.

Well it's not showing all the tracks as track 1, ones that are track 2+ in an album are doing the same. 02 (title) 03 (title) and so on. It's completely messing up my trying to find a specific song because now a good portion of them all have 0-9 in front of them. Not all the songs are like that however, some are like normal with just the title so it's a bit confusing really. I don't know what to try, I've already tried deleting all the songs and putting them back on the sd card, that didn't work at all and just took over an hour to do.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Maybe veiw the song files on a computer and double check the properties. The track number might be in some odd attribute that Google Music is probably now seeing.

nof8butwhatwemake

May 16, 2018
Visit site
Well it's not showing all the tracks as track 1, ones that are track 2+ in an album are doing the same. 02 (title) 03 (title) and so on. It's completely messing up my trying to find a specific song because now a good portion of them all have 0-9 in front of them. Not all the songs are like that however, some are like normal with just the title so it's a bit confusing really. I don't know what to try, I've already tried deleting all the songs and putting them back on the sd card, that didn't work at all and just took over an hour to do.

It would appear (from what you've described) there's another possibility - somehow the files themselves have been renamed to include a track number. That's rather unfortunate but if that's the case, only a manual edit of each file would be possible. This is interesting, please share if you ever figure out what happened and/or the solution.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
It would appear (from what you've described) there's another possibility - somehow the files themselves have been renamed to include a track number. That's rather unfortunate but if that's the case, only a manual edit of each file would be possible. This is interesting, please share if you ever figure out what happened and/or the solution.

Well most files that I've ripped directly from CDs using iTunes have that number in front of them so I know that the files do have the number in them but none of my previous phones had this problem. That's why I'm asking if there's something I can do besides manually editing every one of those file names. There's hundreds of them, it would take me a little while to do and I'd like to avoid it if at all possible. Even using music player apps on my PC the library shows them correctly, regardless of whether or not the track number is in the file name. So I just don't understand why this device in particular isn't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skittles