Trade in Accepted?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I did my trade-in on the phone a couple years ago, and it got completed manually after calling to dispute about my trade-in got cracked screen. I provided photos of the phone, powering on and conditions of the phone in the packing box to Samsung customer service. She quickly informed she would take care of it, and my trade-in was shown completed manually on the order. So if you have the trade-in shown as completed regardless of how. There will be no charge back to your credit card. I did not see on my card.
But they ended up sending back my old watch the next day and it had previously said due back by today but it says manually completed still. That's why I didn't know what to do. I was going to email the supervisor who had been helping me. I still am waiting on an extra $50 credit for the RSVP. I didn't even know that when I ordered the 2nd watch I got charged that day cause it never said trade-in completed I was stil waiting to be accepted it kept saying deffered which they were waiting to get back my defective one and me to order new one and it was just supposed to roll over to new one and then I get emails that say we're returning your watch cause I returned defective one when my account should of been marked and I called and was told yes you have to receive watch back and send it back in for trade-in of new watch which to me is stupid but than the Supervisor lady finally called me back and said no I said I'll take care of it and right away manually complete.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely crazy.

Did they credit you back for returning the defective Watch 7?

I wouldn't think they would charge you back the $200 dollars if the trade-in is marked complete. Someone would have to manually go in & issue a charge.
I never had got charged yet for the defective watch. I wasn't sure but they wait till trade-in gets approved I'm guessing. I still didn't see my husband's buds charge yesterday unless he accidentally used a different card I have to go look at his account. I saw one charge from Samsung on the day I ordered 2nd watch and it was for that same amount. First I thought it was his buds but it was a difference in price of like $4.25 so I guess I got charged right after buying 2nd one which means they knew about my trade-in so why send it back? And yes it says manually complete but then after she did that old watch shows up next day. I just didn't know what to do since it had said by today even though it's manually complete I guess I'm good.

Edit: Oh and I just looked it says $50.88 credit which is what she told me. I don't know where the 88 cents comes in but I had RSVP'D to get the extra $50 off and they honored that since my 1st watch was defective and I had to re-buy they don't just exchange. Now I do see a charge for my 1st watch on 7/10 for 45 something I didn't see it yesterday now I do. I went back looking for my husband's bud charge which was under paypal/Samsung that is why I didn't see it but I'm glad I looked cause I now see July 10th my defective watch charge that got sent back but it says refund successful so I need to see now if I see that credit maybe I didn't look hard enough omg LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: BerryBubbles

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I never had got charged yet for the defective watch. I wasn't sure but they wait till trade-in gets approved I'm guessing. I still didn't see my husband's buds charge yesterday unless he accidentally used a different card I have to go look at his account. I saw one charge from Samsung on the day I ordered 2nd watch and it was for that same amount. First I thought it was his buds but it was a difference in price of like $4.25 so I guess I got charged right after buying 2nd one which means they knew about my trade-in so why send it back? And yes it says manually complete but then after she did that old watch shows up next day. I just didn't know what to do since it had said by today even though it's manually complete I guess I'm good.

Edit: Oh and I just looked it says $50.88 credit which is what she told me. I don't know where the 88 cents comes in but I had RSVP'D to get the extra $50 off and they honored that since my 1st watch was defective and I had to re-buy they don't just exchange. Now I do see a charge for my 1st watch on 7/10 for 45 something I didn't see it yesterday now I do. I went back looking for my husband's bud charge which was under paypal/Samsung that is why I didn't see it but I'm glad I looked cause I now see July 10th my defective watch charge that got sent back but it says refund successful so I need to see now if I see that credit maybe I didn't look hard enough omg LOL!
Well that makes more sense that you found the original charge. I have never received anything from Samsung without being charged first. (Or from anywhere else, for that matter. 😄) So your hunt continues. 🤞 You're going to be so happy when this is all over.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Well that makes more sense that you found the original charge. I have never received anything from Samsung without being charged first. (Or from anywhere else, for that matter. 😄) So your hunt continues. 🤞 You're going to be so happy when this is all over.
Well I didn't know I thought they didn't charge you till the trade-in got accepted but I guess I was wrong. So I did get charged but I don't see a credit I kept looking and I have an email out to the supervisor lady to call me back. Or I may have to call e-commerce I don't know who I call. But it makes sense cuz I got charged for the new one that same day I just thought it was because they were accepting my old trade in but that wasn't the case. Actually I've spoke to many people and even e-commerce and maybe I was supposed to call them back after they got the defective one so they could credit me. I know they said call them back about the $50 RSVP but my supervisor lady took care of that so I'm just going to wait till I hear from her.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Well I didn't know I thought they didn't charge you till the trade-in got accepted but I guess I was wrong. So I did get charged but I don't see a credit I kept looking and I have an email out to the supervisor lady to call me back. Or I may have to call e-commerce I don't know who I call. But it makes sense cuz I got charged for the new one that same day I just thought it was because they were accepting my old trade in but that wasn't the case. Actually I've spoke to many people and even e-commerce and maybe I was supposed to call them back after they got the defective one so they could credit me. I know they said call them back about the $50 RSVP but my supervisor lady took care of that so I'm just going to wait till I hear from her.
That's probably best, to wait to hear from the same lady thats been helping you.

Reactions: mustang7757

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That's probably best, to wait to hear from the same lady thats been helping you.
That's what I told my husband. I said I can't believe all this that's going on and now it's over $45 credit and me getting my old watch back. I mean I did get an extra band out of the deal but they left one out of my new watch to begin with and sent me 2 of the same at first and it's been one thing after another. But she's been nice and helpful. I went to bed late last night at like 1am and my watch was on 71% so much differen't than the old one coming home from work on 16%. My husband said she might just tell you to keep the old one since it's already been completed the trade-in but we'll wait and see. I do love the watch though and my 6 was great I just thought it's worth it to upgrade for $45 and I got 12% cash back. I do like to have the latest more value if i trade up next year too. But this has been crazy but good since the supervisor lady has been helpful.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just emailed the Supervisor again and said call me or you can respond by email and that I am owed my credit from 1st watch and that trade-in came back 2 days after she accepted it manually. So we'll see what happens. But this watch the battery is so good I love it! I mean I still charge it every morning while I get ready for work and it's usually on 40 to 50% but that 1st one dying after 8 hours or less was crazy charging twice a day and dying again by morning when I woke up.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My buds came yesterday haven't set them up yet. Supervisor lady really took care of me. First time Samsung has gone above and beyond for me. Usually they screw things up an d make me mad but she was the best. I got my credit for my returned defective watch and told her how 2 days after she manually completed my trade-in the watch 6 showed back up at my door they left it and didn't make me sign like it said I was supposed to do and she said oh just keep it you won't get charged back. I'm giving it to my friend who's never had a smart watch she might just have to buy a larger band if one of my old ones don't fit her. My wine fabric band should of been here but it's delayed and stuck somehwere in Illinois I think but it's ok. Everything turned out great this time around.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My buds came yesterday haven't set them up yet. Supervisor lady really took care of me. First time Samsung has gone above and beyond for me. Usually they screw things up an d make me mad but she was the best. I got my credit for my returned defective watch and told her how 2 days after she manually completed my trade-in the watch 6 showed back up at my door they left it and didn't make me sign like it said I was supposed to do and she said oh just keep it you won't get charged back. I'm giving it to my friend who's never had a smart watch she might just have to buy a larger band if one of my old ones don't fit her. My wine fabric band should of been here but it's delayed and stuck somehwere in Illinois I think but it's ok. Everything turned out great this time around.
I'm so happy it turned out positively for you. You really got a helpful supervisor. Keep her name & email in case you ever have another issue in the future! You just never know...

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm so happy it turned out positively for you. You really got a helpful supervisor. Keep her name & email in case you ever have another issue in the future! You just never know...

I know right! And I love the new buds. Got me promo code for the free case they were out of too. She was great! I do have one more band coming it's taking forever and been stuck somewhere in Ilinois.

Iphonenotdbest

Mar 7, 2019
Visit site
I know right! And I love the new buds. Got me promo code for the free case they were out of too. She was great! I do have one more band coming it's taking forever and been stuck somewhere in Ilinois.
My bud 3 pro is at Best Buy for pickup today. I pre-ordered it on July 10th with a free case.

Reactions: Rose4uKY

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Got my final e-mail yesterday afternoon, my Buds Live trade-in for my Buds 3 was accepted. No rejections for all three orders! Samsung seems to be trying to improve themselves.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My Buds Pro were received no accepted trade-in yet it says pending receipt send by 9/1. I got an email they got them. But I got a promo code for the free case and it said out on trucj 8/25 than on 8/27 I get a call stating they were fed-ex wanting to know if I received my package and said their computer showed something weird and stupid me said no and we're going out of town and she said I will try to contact the driver. Somehow they had my cell-phone number and after I hung I realized it didn't sound right and I didn't realize it should of already came on the 25th this was 2 days later so somehow it must of got delivered wrong or something. I called back the number and I think she just said hello and I asked if she just called me from Fed-Ex and did she find anything out and she said no I am trying to contact driver and I said oh cause we're not going out of town now I'll wait to see if my package comes and it never did. I called Fed-Ex they said noone would ever call you so it was a scam so weird.

Thing is they opened a ticket from Fed-Ex and said order is lost please contact shipper and I called Samsung and they said I have to take it up with Fed-Ex and won't give me another promo code to just re-order the case it's crazy. I shouldn't have to get fed-Ex to give me credit. I read it's a cheap case anyway but still I am owed it and would like it. All these problems lately.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My Buds Pro were received no accepted trade-in yet it says pending receipt send by 9/1. I got an email they got them. But I got a promo code for the free case and it said out on trucj 8/25 than on 8/27 I get a call stating they were fed-ex wanting to know if I received my package and said their computer showed something weird and stupid me said no and we're going out of town and she said I will try to contact the driver. Somehow they had my cell-phone number and after I hung I realized it didn't sound right and I didn't realize it should of already came on the 25th this was 2 days later so somehow it must of got delivered wrong or something. I called back the number and I think she just said hello and I asked if she just called me from Fed-Ex and did she find anything out and she said no I am trying to contact driver and I said oh cause we're not going out of town now I'll wait to see if my package comes and it never did. I called Fed-Ex they said noone would ever call you so it was a scam so weird.

Thing is they opened a ticket from Fed-Ex and said order is lost please contact shipper and I called Samsung and they said I have to take it up with Fed-Ex and won't give me another promo code to just re-order the case it's crazy. I shouldn't have to get fed-Ex to give me credit. I read it's a cheap case anyway but still I am owed it and would like it. All these problems lately.
I will bet FedEx will tell you to call Samsung. You are probably about to get sucked into that neverending circle of call the other party.

Also on how they got your phone number...I just looked at my trade in shipping label and your phone number is printed in the return address label.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I will bet FedEx will tell you to call Samsung. You are probably about to get sucked into that neverending circle of call the other party.

Also on how they got your phone number...I just looked at my trade in shipping label and your phone number is printed in the return address label.
Well this was just the free case that they were out of. I got a promo code to order it so I don't know about the return address label. But yes I keep going round and round I quit calling and emailed them twice never heard anything.

neo999

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Slightly off topic. I've decided to trade in my Galaxy Buds Live for the Buds3 Pro. Does anyone know if i need to do anything special other than just box them up and return? Haven't used them since my last phone since i have the Buds2 Pro. Thanks in advance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mads788