Trade-in questions...

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I ordered two things in August.

1. A new Pro watch for my spouse, using an old Active 2 as a trade in. This arrived last week.

2. S23+ using a trade in for S20FE. This is scheduled to arrive this week.

Th notification for the phone shipment included trade-in details and how to send in thr old device; the notification for the watch did NOT, nor has there been any follow up message. Is this typical, or do I need to contact them?

Thanks!

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I would reach out to them to get that info (it usually send out whenever the new device ships). However, if you made the purchase in the same transaction, check the phone one just in case the items listed are both phone and watch.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Ugh - I called them, and it is an absolute cockup. They didn't credit the trade for the watch - which I KNOW I selected - and somewhere between when I read the summary and clicked "submit" it converted it to the promotional price the day I ordered... which is about $50 more. The website was a HOT MESS - I had to do it half a dozen times.

Enforced upselling. (And I still have the Active 2 which we no longer need - is there anywhere to sell an older watch??)

• Wow
Reactions: J Dubbs

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Ugh - I called them, and it is an absolute cockup. They didn't credit the trade for the watch - which I KNOW I selected - and somewhere between when I read the summary and clicked "submit" it converted it to the promotional price the day I ordered... which is about $50 more. The website was a HOT MESS - I had to do it half a dozen times.

Enforced upselling. (And I still have the Active 2 which we no longer need - is there anywhere to sell an older watch??)

I honestly don't trust samsung with trade-ins. They tried to claim my Watch 3 was not a Watch 3. I had to call to get it straighten out. I swear they do things hoping you will just give up or not notice. I will no longer use them for trade-ins.

Do you still have the email receipt when you placed the original order? Either that or in your account should show your orders and trade-ins?

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Hoping the phone works out, as it's a bigger chunk of cash.

Wirh the watch it kept trying to process it as an add on with the phone purchase. I kept deleting it from the cart doing it again with the trade in - must have done it 3 or 4 times. The site was playing up and hanging, and I had to get to work; I finally (so I thought) got it added, but I'm guessing it reverted again as I submitted. I should have done it as two transactions I guess. Grrr.

• Sad
Reactions: J Dubbs

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Well, it was a gotcha on the watch (what do I do with the Active 2 now?!), but the phone trade in went like clockwork. I took soooo many photos and videos packing it up in case they gave me a hard time, but just got the message it was approved. I purchased with the highest value trade in I've seen in months on the s20fe - one of the reasons I went for it - so I'm glad it went through :)

Still slightly regret not getting the Ultra, even though the 23+ is truly fabulous - here's hoping the 24 has a flat screen and an even better camera!

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek