Transfer Video from Samsung Galaxy S3 to my computer

alaska49907

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for posting this bit of information! I have been pulling my hair out trying to get the videos off my phone.
The only way I could do it was to remove the SD card and use my card reader. What a pain that was. I didn't want to remove the card every time just to transfer files.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Lorraine,
If the computer is not recognizing that the phone is connected:
- you may not have the proper drivers installed
- try a different USB cable (some cables are for charging only [there are only 4 pins in the little connector] and some are for both charging and data [there are 5 pins in the little connector])
- try connecting to a different USB port on the computer (if you were using a port on the front of the computer, try one on the back instead; or vice-versa)
You don't mention what OS your computer is running (Windows - what version; Mac) or if you've already installed the Kies software.
Finally, does the phone act like it's been connected? Do you see anything on the Notification bar?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Dong Nguyen

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I've done anything you guys mentioned, changing PTP to MTP and stuff, I still can't find the .mp4 files which I have downloaded with Video Downloader from Play Store

oligaria

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your help but you should have specified that pull down was in the phone because I spend a lot of time looking in the computer. thanks

Lauri Barber

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
According to my local (Minneapolis) T-Mobile person, the videos are too large to transfer this way. Even video cameras need a USB connection. Use the USB to Samsung phone connector and connect the computer to your phone. He said that you have to get out of the process of charging your phone first, because that is what your phone will try to do first. Slide your finger down over the USB icon on the top of your phone, which looks like an arrow pointing right to left with two wires attached to the arrow, and select "USB connected". Then press "Connect USB storage." The file where you transfer items, (for me F:), will ask you to select the files that you want to transfer. Good luck, I'm trying to do this right now. [It must have worked, I can no longer find the video on my Samsung S phone.] Now I need to look to find it on my computer!

I don't know what to do if you don't have a computer. I do know that Google has a photo storage place along with Google Docs, if you can get a friend to use their computer to help you store it there. :-!

Aniesh joseph

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I am also having same issue. I am using Samsung Galaxy S. The "walcolm" suggestion helps me to start the work. But my storage path is different.

After connecting the mobile into PC, I have opened "My Computer - Mobile -> Phone -> DCIM -> Camera" On this location, I could find all of my files including Videos & Pictures taken by the camera.

Thank you walcolm for helping to resolve the issue.

Nancer419

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused by this because I don't see how to add the suffix when it's still on your phone. I can add the suffix once on the computer, but I can't find it to transfer it to the computer.

Eweny12

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I tried this on my Samsung Galaxy Note phone and it worked as described. However, the mssages I need are on my other phone a Droid Razer. When I went to "people" which is what contacts are called on that phone. Clicked on the contact I wanted the messages from and then clicked on Settings, no History option appeared. Anyone know how to see the deleted messages on the Motorola Droid Razer? Or is there a way to view old text messages on line from a PC? Finally, I used Android Data Transfer tool to copy files from my Samsung to computer.

You can connect Android phone to computer via a USB cable or wi-fi, to transfer your Samsung data to computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila