Trouble flashing kernel

herothc

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm running HTC_EVO_SHIFT_ROOTED_DEODEXED_v1.17.651.1 rom right now, and was attempting to flash the Sense 2.6.32.21 OC/UV 1.51GHZ kernel from recovery, but I'm not getting anywhere. Am I missing a step?

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
You flash the kernel the same way you flash a ROM. What are you seeing when you are trying to flash the kernel?

Irongeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a good guide to flashing ROMS/Kernels? All the docs I find online seem to point to recovery mode (red triangle and exclamation mark) or ROM manages that don't seem to want to do anything unless I buy a different version. Thanks.

Last edited:

Irongeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, after putting in a freshly formatted SD card and going into recover, it did something, but it seemed to wipe all my changes. It's still Rooted however. Now when I go inter recover I get the red triangle and exclamation mark again. Least now I found I can hit up on vol and power to get a menu, but not much of use there so far because I can't point it to a zip. I do see this error however:
Can't open /cache/recovery/command

Irongeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I had to use fastboot and install recovery.img. Now recovery seems to work as expected from the boot loader menu. Lots of Android docs are written in shorthand, expecting you to know what's what.

proactix

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I too am having problems with flashing the 1.51 OC kernel by benice. When l flash from recovery, it flashes okay, but when I reboot, it gets stuck at the HTC screen loop. I dont know what is going on, anybody have any ideals?

Timothy
Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

brandokc

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I too am having problems with flashing the 1.51 OC kernel by benice. When l flash from recovery, it flashes okay, but when I reboot, it gets stuck at the HTC screen loop. I dont know what is going on, anybody have any ideals?

Timothy
Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Sounds like it may be the incorrect kernel. Make sure it's the Sense kernel for Sense ROM's or AOSP for AOSP ROM's.
Redownload and try again.
You can also try one of the ROM's that has the kernel included.