Question trouble flashing Moto G 1st generation from Fastboot Fash mode

shinnen

Sep 13, 2024
Visit site
My Moto G got screwed up, I don't recall how, and I've been trying to flash a new OS to it: (Motorola_Moto_G_XT1032_FALCON_RETUGLB_5.1_LPBS23.13-58-2_CID9_5.1)
When I do, I get the message "version downgraded for boot, failed to validate boot image"
and Fastboot Reason: fall-throug from not-charger boot mode.
It also says "Device is locked"
Can anyone help me to resolve this?
Any help is appreciated.
... john

shinnen

Sep 13, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Which tool are you using to flash the stock firmware?
I'm not really sure. It says flashfile.bat, and it was included in the firmware download. I shut it off, plug in the USB cable while it's booting up, after which many many lines scroll by, at the end of which I'm told to press any key, and then I'm returned to the Fastboot flash mode screen (where I started out).
... john

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not really sure. It says flashfile.bat, and it was included in the firmware download. I shut it off, plug in the USB cable while it's booting up, after which many many lines scroll by, at the end of which I'm told to press any key, and then I'm returned to the Fastboot flash mode screen (where I started out).
... john
It should be listed on Motorola website what the tool is

Reactions: shinnen

shinnen

Sep 13, 2024
Visit site
It should be listed on Motorola website what the tool is
Hi mustang,
I wasn't able to find it on the Motorola sight. I found a description on the XDA sight, with a shortcut to the firmware, which contained fastboot.bat file, I referred to above; but no reference to what tool was used.
I'd be happy to start over, if you have any ideas about how to do it.
Thanks,
..... john

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi mustang,
I wasn't able to find it on the Motorola sight. I found a description on the XDA sight, with a shortcut to the firmware, which contained fastboot.bat file, I referred to above; but no reference to what tool was used.
I'd be happy to start over, if you have any ideas about how to do it.
Thanks,
..... john
Try these

shinnen

Sep 13, 2024
Visit site
Hi Mustang,
It took some time to find the RSA for Windows 7. The American site only supplies them for Windows 10 and 11.
However, I eventually did find it and downloaded, what I think, is the right firmware, the very first one at the top of this page https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-g-xt1032
There are, however, many on this page; and I have no idea which is the right one.
Running the RSA provided two options: downloading the firmware (which I had alread done, above); or pointing the RSA to the address for the firmware. My first attemp was to run the downloaded software; but in order to do that I had to provide a token file first and run it. The other option, was to provide a firmware address link, which I did, same as the link above, which was not recognized by the RSA.
This is becoming much to convoluted for what should be a simple proceedure, so I'm going to cut my losses at this point and call it a day. it's an old phone; that I thought would be fun to resurrect; but doing so would require much more time than I'm prepared to spend.
Thank you VERY much for your help. I apologize for wasting your time.
...... john

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mustang,
It took some time to find the RSA for Windows 7. The American site only supplies them for Windows 10 and 11.
However, I eventually did find it and downloaded, what I think, is the right firmware, the very first one at the top of this page https://motostockrom.com/motorola-moto-g-xt1032
There are, however, many on this page; and I have no idea which is the right one.
Running the RSA provided two options: downloading the firmware (which I had alread done, above); or pointing the RSA to the address for the firmware. My first attemp was to run the downloaded software; but in order to do that I had to provide a token file first and run it. The other option, was to provide a firmware address link, which I did, same as the link above, which was not recognized by the RSA.
This is becoming much to convoluted for what should be a simple proceedure, so I'm going to cut my losses at this point and call it a day. it's an old phone; that I thought would be fun to resurrect; but doing so would require much more time than I'm prepared to spend.
Thank you VERY much for your help. I apologize for wasting your time.
...... john
Hi

Is your device running Android 4.4.4?

Reactions: shinnen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annabelle89