Trusted Bluetooth Devices

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried the "inSite LBL809 Bluetooth Anti-Loss Smart Proximity Alarm"? It looks like it is designed to go into your wallet. I would prefer having something in my wallet versus keychain or wrist. The "inSite LBL809 Bluetooth Anti-Loss Smart Proximity Alarm" has Bluetooth v4.0 low energy and it looks like they have an app for iphone use but I couldn't find anything for android. It's $39.99 on store.audiovox.com. The "inSite LBT505 Bluetooth Wireless Separation Alarm" is only $17.99. Will the LBT505 fit in a wallet? The website claims the LBL809 has " included battery to last up to one year" and the LBL505 has "over 200 hours battery life". The LBL809 is more expensive but it would be nice to not have to charge it. Is there an android app for these products to provide the additional features that I couldn't find? Thanks for everyone's comments.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Tile

Looks like a really good option once its available. They're currently developing it for Apple but will have Android support some time next year. Maybe if enough of us start asking about it they'll make it available to us sooner. I just emailed them, I'll report back with what they say, but I would suggest others email them to. Looks like a good low cost option.

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried the "inSite LBL809 Bluetooth Anti-Loss Smart Proximity Alarm"? It looks like it is designed to go into your wallet. I would prefer having something in my wallet versus keychain or wrist. The "inSite LBL809 Bluetooth Anti-Loss Smart Proximity Alarm" has Bluetooth v4.0 low energy and it looks like they have an app for iphone use but I couldn't find anything for android. It's $39.99 on store.audiovox.com. The "inSite LBT505 Bluetooth Wireless Separation Alarm" is only $17.99. Will the LBT505 fit in a wallet? The website claims the LBL809 has " included battery to last up to one year" and the LBL505 has "over 200 hours battery life". The LBL809 is more expensive but it would be nice to not have to charge it. Is there an android app for these products to provide the additional features that I couldn't find? Thanks for everyone's comments.

That's a good price for the LBT505. I might order it up and give it a try. Thanks for mentioning it!

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the LBL809 would work. I'm not sure any BT LE device will.

The 809 looks like it's something that you slip in your wallet, then ping it if you can't find the wallet. There not a constant connection.

That's why I'm doubtful of any LE device, the lack of a constant connection. The Writings Pulse is LE and doesn't maintain a constant connection, so the phone is constantly kicking and unlocking itself when I tried to use it as Trusted Device.

Sent from my Droid Maxx, the bigger, better, longer lasting cousin of the Moto X.

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the LBL809 would work. I'm not sure any BT LE device will.

The 809 looks like it's something that you slip in your wallet, then ping it if you can't find the wallet. There not a constant connection.

That's why I'm doubtful of any LE device, the lack of a constant connection. The Writings Pulse is LE and doesn't maintain a constant connection, so the phone is constantly kicking and unlocking itself when I tried to use it as Trusted Device.

Sent from my Droid Maxx, the bigger, better, longer lasting cousin of the Moto X.

Good point on LE ...never thought about that. Makes sense that it would not maintain a constant connection since one of the goals is lower power usage.

Earlier in this thread you mentioned the LBT505 works as a trusted device. Would you recommend it to be used as one? I'm basically just looking for something to carry in my pocket that would allow me to use voice actions without pattern unlock, as well as just the convenience of not needing to pattern unlock.

Thanks!

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So how do active notifications work with a PIN lock? Do you just have to input your PIN after interacting with the active notification? I'm hoping that's the case as I wouldn't be able to have Bluetooth around all the time but need a PIN.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
So how do active notifications work with a PIN lock? Do you just have to input your PIN after interacting with the active notification?

Yes. I use pattern, not PIN, but that's exactly what happens - I drag up to open the latest notification, it prompts for my pattern, it then opens the app to the notification.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
until root is achieved, if anyone wants to conditionally disable their PIN/Password (notice i didnt mention pattern) you can still do it via tasker & secure settings app without root.

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Good point on LE ...never thought about that. Makes sense that it would not maintain a constant connection since one of the goals is lower power usage.

Earlier in this thread you mentioned the LBT505 works as a trusted device. Would you recommend it to be used as one? I'm basically just looking for something to carry in my pocket that would allow me to use voice actions without pattern unlock, as well as just the convenience of not needing to pattern unlock.

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure that all BT LE devices don't maintain constant connections. LaPorte said something on a podcast the other day that suggested some do. That makes sense for things like heart rate monitors. Wikipedia article on the topic isn't super clear on it. I may try the LBL809 just for fun, but there's something about it's product description that makes me doubtful.

Regarding the LBT505 it works perfectly as a Trusted Device. It's too big for skipping into a wallet, but is shall enough to keep in a change pocket in your slacks or jeans. It can also attack to key chain. I was at the gym last night and slid mine into my sock without even noticing it. Normally it rides in my change pocket though.

At $18, you can't really go wrong with the 505 as a Trusted Device. Still highly recommended after a week of testing.

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Here's some pictures of the LBT505 alongside the Maxx and a few other "bit" type devices (Motorola Skip, Withings Pulse, Fitbit One, Original Fitbit Ultra).

The Insite is about the same thickness as the phone at the Insite's thickest point.

uploadfromtaptalk1378409915632.jpguploadfromtaptalk1378409946186.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure that all BT LE devices don't maintain constant connections. LaPorte said something on a podcast the other day that suggested some do. That makes sense for things like heart rate monitors. Wikipedia article on the topic isn't super clear on it. I may try the LBL809 just for fun, but there's something about it's product description that makes me doubtful.

Regarding the LBT505 it works perfectly as a Trusted Device. It's too big for skipping into a wallet, but is shall enough to keep in a change pocket in your slacks or jeans. It can also attack to key chain. I was at the gym last night and slid mine into my sock without even noticing it. Normally it rides in my change pocket though.

At $18, you can't really go wrong with the 505 as a Trusted Device. Still highly recommended after a week of testing.

Yeah true, definitely wouldn't want a heart rate monitor to disconnect to save power. That would render it rather useless!

I just ordered up the 505. Definitely looking forward to trying it out! Thanks again for all of the useful information and pictures.

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Got mine yesterday and agree with pretty much everything Distorted Loop has said. Today was my first day with it and kept it connected for all but an hour or so at the gym. Screen shot on battery is below with some pics of the 505. for $30 shipped it works great. I kept it in my pocket all day. I tend to leave things in my pocket so I plan to attach it to my key chain when I'm not using it so it doesn't get washed.

Only issue I've had with it is that when you get a call while connected to the 505, the Maxx does not give you an option to select how you want to answer it (blue tooth, handset earpiece or speaker). It forces you to answer in blue tooth. You then have to change from blue tooth to handset earpiece or speaker on the Maxx. So it takes a couple seconds to actually be able to speak to the caller so they can hear you. One option is to hold down the button on the 505 until it turns off, then answer regularly. I'm probably missing some setting that will alleviate the problem, but haven't found it yet.

Can't see using the wristband holder other than if I wanted to attach it to something and use the 505 for it's intended purpose of a separation alarm.

IMG_20130905_210152.jpgIMG_20130905_205618512.jpgScreenshot_2013-09-05-20-50-04.png

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I did forget to mention the LBT505 answering the phone "problem". It makes sense because the device connects as a BT phone device. Mild annoyance first time it happened, easy to quickly switch to speaker once it becomes habit.

Apologies if that's a deal breaker for someone.

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that update. It does make a huge difference. If the phone is connected to the device as a blue tooth phone it cannot connect to other BT phones. Like in a car.

Thanks for the update.

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I did forget to mention the LBT505 answering the phone "problem". It makes sense because the device connects as a BT phone device. Mild annoyance first time it happened, easy to quickly switch to speaker once it becomes habit.

Apologies if that's a deal breaker for someone.

Have tried going into the MAXX BT settings while 505 is connected and clicking on the device name - which should bring up devices's BT profiles - and then try unchecking some or all BT profiles - would this still keep the BT connection to the 505 but since all profiles are uncheck - not use it for answering calls?

xweb10

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
What are some common Bluetooth profiles available for devices? I know of:

• Phone Audio
  • Media Audio

If we can find a device that connects to a profile other than these 2, that would be ideal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174