Two questions (unrelated to each other)....

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
1. Does anyone have any data on viruses? Seems to be a little more talk generated lately on the news about cell phones being hit and will need to have stronger and stronger anti-virus software. Does anyone use anti-virus and does being rooted help/hinder against virus?

2. The one and only (ok, maybe not only but close) gripe about the fascinate is the No Led indicator for messages. I keep it on vibrate during the day at work and I find myself powering up the screen way too much just to see if i have a message. I know about NoLed and tried it a few months ago but it was hit and miss with the notifications.....is there anything esle out there?

jwebste9

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
1. The articles i read stated that the virus's they were coming out with were only in China, i would not begin to worry yet. Once it becomes a problem there will be answers from the community as there is with every other problem

2) i also tried NoLed when i first got the phone and did not care for it. When i tried again recently i liked it a lot more, and they had made some changes, so i would give it a try again

Reactions: Jmac9

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
1. The articles i read stated that the virus's they were coming out with were only in China, i would not begin to worry yet. Once it becomes a problem there will be answers from the community as there is with every other problem

2) i also tried NoLed when i first got the phone and did not care for it. When i tried again recently i liked it a lot more, and they had made some changes, so i would give it a try again

Ok. Off to the Market to give it another whirl.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
BLN enabled kernels (which light up your soft keys with a control app) are still king in my book. I can't wait for an EB01 one to come out. That's the only thing I've been missing since updating.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok. Off to the Market to give it another whirl.
Never tried NoLED but I use Missed Reminder and it works great (sound and vibrate alerts, it doesn't show anything on your screen). I still can't believe this feature is missing from Android.

dkoss

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Never tried NoLED but I use Missed Reminder and it works great (sound and vibrate alerts, it doesn't show anything on your screen). I still can't believe this feature is missing from Android.

It's not missing from Android, just the Fascinate, not sure about the other SGS phones.

whitneykline

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I was also shocked (and a little mad) that there was no notification light. I am always looking on my phone and an always missing texts because I am used to the BB blinking red light. I am selling my Fascinate for that reason and other annoying reasons. Good luck with yours!

domenci

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So they took the feature out? That is ridiculous, my last feature phone was a Samsung Alias and it had missed call notifications, as did my Razr V3m, my Nokia, and my Sanyo before that. Even the free Kyocera that was my first phone had it. I don't care about there not being an LED for it, but to not have the option to beep or vibrate periodically after missing a call or text is nuts; I shouldn't have to turn on my screen when I return to the room I left my phone in, it should let me know.

DJKnut

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Question #1.. My research found that because of the inherent security of Linux.. from which Android came, viruses aren't a problem... The problem comes form malicious applications, that work from the inside out... so be careful where you get your downloads from.... DJ