Typing on it?

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Is typing on the HTC One good? Compared to a blackberry qwerty?

What I am looking for is to make absolutely minimal typos, ease when typing, and at a good speed.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I found typing on it fairly difficult at first but then I got used to it and now I can type on it as fast as I would type on a physical BlackBerry keyboard. I use the Sense keyboard but the Google Keyboard is great as well. Just give it time and you'll get the hang of it, especially with a good list of words in the personal dictionary.

3Dee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I was a longtime BlackBerry user, lived on my Curve and Bold and couldn't imagine typing on anything else. Switching to the One about four months ago now I was pleasantly surprised by how good the stock keyboard was, and how easy I found typing on it. I've continued to find that it's very good - it's not the same as using a BB - I find that I have to take more care and look at what I'm typing more, but the auto correct and auto suggestions are really solid, and I'm comparably fast. In some ways it's not as easy to type - I don't think the BB physical keyboard can be equalled to be honest - but it's actually less testing on the joints than physical typing can be when you type for a solid length of time.

To offer an unsolicited opinion in addition - the one thing you don't realise until you actually make the switch is that the messaging services on the One are just as good (and in some respects better) as on BB, which was an absolute shock to me.

I still keep my 9900 for international travel (you can't beat BIS), and I am still a BB romantic, but believe me, you will be amazed by the One - it's an incredible device to behold, and to use.

Good luck and enjoy!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i don't think you can fairly compare typing on a touchscreen to a blackberry physical keyboard. but speaking from personal experience, i can tell you that i specifically chose the HTC ONE over the iphone because of the swift key app and swipe typing (is it swype?). i am not as fast as i was on my previous blackberrys. but i am getting better every day. as others have said, google keyboard is also quite nice.

Hayden Starfire

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Just came from a lumia 920 and i am having issues with the keyboard on my htc one but i am going to chop it off as being that this is my first day with the phone and i am still learning

FrankieA

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Just came from a lumia 920 and i am having issues with the keyboard on my htc one but i am going to chop it off as being that this is my first day with the phone and i am still learning

Hey - me too! I feel like having way more trouble than I should. I can go from 920 -> iOS without a problem, but I've been making so many mistakes with the default HTC keyboard. I'll try out the swift key one - but if anyone else has suggestions, let me know!

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I use Swype, it's incredibly good! Highly recommend! And I don't recommend laying the One on a flat surface to type unless you enjoy a challenge. :)

mblouir

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I use Swype, it's incredibly good! Highly recommend! And I don't recommend laying the One on a flat surface to type unless you enjoy a challenge. :)

A lot, I wouldn't recommend this as standard practice!

Thanks for the note. I'm waiting on the VZW release to play with it, but this is a big one for me. I do a lot of typing with my phone on the desk while I'm at work.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the note. I'm waiting on the VZW release to play with it, but this is a big one for me. I do a lot of typing with my phone on the desk while I'm at work.

The rocking could be alleviated with a case if you don't mind that.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

i don't know if it works for email (but if you are at work you could presumably use a computer), but AIRDROID allows you to connect to your phone and respond to texts from your computer. there may be other, better apps for this.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Nothing is like typing on a physical keyboard. I miss it so much I'm still trying to get a Q10 OFF CONTRACT. But the keyboard on here is fine for minimal typing. If you need to type long emails and texts for work like I do, it's pretty annoying but that's just me I like bb keyboards for work purposes.

Sent from my HTC One

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Eh see I don't like sideways physical keyboards they are not half as comfortable to type on as a blackberry style keyboard

Sent from my HTC One

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp