Uh oh.. Is it bricked for good?

Malathier

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
So.. I rooted my kindle fire HD 8.9 and got CinogenMod and TWRP recovery working all right on it, then a update for Cinogen came out so I was going to update it and for some reason it doesn't read now that there's a loader of any sort on it, so it boots right into TWRP, I've tried plugging my kindle into my PC and since then my PC won't find the Kindle so I can't transfer files around.. Anyone able to help out? Anything I can do with at least being able to get to TWRP?.. I've had my kindle sitting around as a paper weight for about 5 months cause I didn't know what to do with it but have finally decided to come ask for help! Any advice would be great.. I'm a beginner at this >.<

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Did you make a backup of the ROM? You can try to reflash that. Aside from that, you would probably have to reflash the stock ROM, but I am not sure how you can do that, honestly.

Malathier

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I think I'm gonna have to try reflash the stock ROM.. If that don't work I might just throw it away >.< unless I can find someone who knows what they're doing to fix it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995